ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Operate forklift and related dock equipment while receiving or moving raw materials.
- Safely and efficiently use battery changing equipment.
- Ensure production staging areas are supplied with required materials, (e.g., labels, caps, corrugated, preforms) and that all materials are accounted for.
- Must be able to retrieve and position materials without damaging them.
- Maintain accurate records and logs as required.
- Perform all related transactions in computerized plant operating systems for materials received from suppliers, issued to, or returned from production.
- Ensure that all tasks are performed toward achieving the safety, quality, service and cost objectives of TMMC.
- Perform all essential job skills (functions), procedures, work instructions and Company standards identified for this position in order to be certified for the position.
- Assist Materials receiving operators with truck unloading duties, cleanup and other activities as needed.
- Able to participate in team assignments.
- Have working knowledge of PC's and plant operating systems transactions necessary to perform assigned work tasks.
- Read and understand standard operating procedures.
- Load preform hoppers as needed.
- Assist Blow Mold operators with change overs as well as autonomous maintenance as needed.
- Must-read picking tickets and understand lot tracking, warehouse coding and locations.
- Ensure that all security procedures are followed.
- Perform physical inventories as required.
- Properly label all containers used in your work area.
- Support Supervision in completing accurate re-packs for production.
- Perform operator-related preventative maintenance duties as required on batteries, forklifts, dock equipment and other equipment as assigned.
- Maintain equipment and area cleanliness to ensure compliance with all GMP standards.
- Must be able to paint as required.
- Work directly with all departments and management to problem-solve to ensure maximum production efficiencies.
- Comply with all standard safety practices, safety rules, and all Company rules and policies.
- Participate in project assignments as directed.
- Maintain proper safety conditions of equipment.
- Work an 8-hour, 10-hour or 12-hour shift or required necessary hours to meet business requirements. This may include overtime and weekend work as necessary.
- Demonstrate good attendance in accordance with plant attendance guidelines.
- Use equipment operations manuals and hand tools as required.
- Working knowledge of material handling environment and machinery.
- Must be able to successfully complete all forklift certifications.
- Ability to trouble-shoot warehouse-related problems.
- Must be able to see and hear. Must be able to understand and follow directions.
- Must be able to demonstrate good attendance.
- Ability to read equipment operations manuals.
- Ability to recognize material and product defects.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to work on all shifts.
- Ability to work up to twelve (12) hour shifts to satisfy business needs.
- Ability to work extended hours and/or overtime as required.
- Ability to visually identify materials defects.
- Must have strong PC skills and working knowledge of SAP.
- Ability to enter data on computerized inventory systems.
- Must be able to participate in job development training (i.e. trouble-shooting), and must be able to cross-train on all material handling equipment.
- Must be neat and have the ability to organize.
- Must know storage requirements for raw materials stored in each warehouse.
- Work is performed in high-speed bottling and production environment.
- Work requires exposure to all temperature changes, high noise levels, working around moving equipment, tanks, heights, wet conditions, fumes, vibrations, dust, etc.
- Personal protective equipment.
- MSDS sheets.
- Forklift, handcart, hand tools, measuring instruments, equipment operations manuals, calculator, communications radio, computer and/or software.
- Safety glasses, safety shoes, hearing protection.
- NON-ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Train new associates
- Travel to vendor and other TMMC locations
- Delivering presentations, operate fax machine, operate copier machine, order supplies and chemicals.
- High School diploma or GED equivalent not required
- DRIVE INNOVATION: Generate new or unique solutions and embrace new ideas that help sustain our business
- COLLABORATE WITH SYSTEM, CUSTOMERS, AND OTHER STAKEHOLDERS: Develop and leverage relationships with stakeholders to appropriately stretch and impact the System (Company and Bottler)
- ACT LIKE AN OWNER: Deliver results, creating value for our brands, our System, our customers and key stakeholders
- INSPIRE OTHERS: Inspire people to deliver our mission and 2020 Vision, demonstrate passion for the business and give people a reason to believe anything is possible
- DEVELOP SELF AND OTHERS: Develop self and support others' development to achieve full potential
Honesty and integrity have always been cornerstone values of The Coca-Cola Company. Our passion for people of integrity mirrors our spirited drive for total quality in our brands. These and other elements allow the company to sustain strategic practices and drive business performance. The Personnel Integrity Assurance Program is another step toward making The Coca-Cola Company the premier workplace. This process includes a pre-employment background investigation that applies to all applicants employees and contractors of the company. The scope of this inquiry may cover such elements as education employment history a criminal history check reference checks and a pre-employment drug screen. Designated countries or sensitive positions within the company may have more stringent standards.
At The Coca-Cola Company you can cultivate your career in a challenging and dynamic environment. We are the largest manufacturer and distributor of nonalcoholic drinks in the world-selling more than 1 billion drinks a day. Unlock your full potential with a future-focused company that is known and respected throughout the world.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Back to top
A little about us:
Coca-Cola’s success would not be possible without the world’s best employees. We invite you to challenge yourself, join us and prosper.