Panasonic Energy of North America (PENA) has partnered with Tesla Motors, Inc. to construct a large-scale advanced battery manufacturing facility known as the Gigafactory near Reno, Nevada. Panasonic's role in the Gigafactory will be to manufacture and supply cylindrical lithium-ion cells and based on the battery demand from Tesla, the Gigafactory is planned to produce 35GWh of cells, which will double the world’s current production!
Our mission at PENA is to make the vision of affordable Electric Vehicles a reality by production of the world’s safest, high quality and lowest cost batteries. Through this effort we will create a clean energy society and our products will change society’s use of and perceptions of electric power.
SUMMARY/ ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
· Working safely is number one priority, Individual must work and comply to safety working standards and practice. Complies with all environmental safe practices and regulations. Reads all SDS’ and possesses thorough knowledge of all oil and chemical labeling and storage requirements.
· Delivery of materials to production floor.
· Ability to analyze, estimate workload and perform multi-tasking.
· Previous experience in manufacturing environment, automation or assembly is a plus but not required. Basic skills in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
· Ability to use material bar code scanners
· Understanding of First in, First out (FIFO)
· Be able to follow work instructions and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).
· Prepares documentation as required. Maintains a clean and safe work area 5s. Understands department workflow, processes & detailed oriented.
· Excellent communication with co-workers verbally and writing skills.
· Must adhere to company rules and policy.
EDUCATION /EXPERIENCE : High School Diploma or GED required. Manufacturing experience or equivalent a plus. NCRC test score of Silver or above preferred. MT1 certification highly desired.
QUALIFICATIONS: Must be able to manage time. Perform daily, operational, routine and periodic maintenance checks. Recording and inspection on equipment including cleaning, checking and adding fluids as needed. Perform quality checks using microscopes, micrometer, measuring devices, digital voltmeter (optional), calipers, ruler and other related devices.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Must be able to lift 50lb. Ability to climb stairs, climb ladders, reach, squat, tolerate prolonged standing/walking, balance, bend from trunk, crawl, kneel, push and pull objects. Must be able to lift 50lb ingredient buckets. Must be able to work up to 12 hour shifts.
WORK ENVIRONMENT : Clean room environment. Frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts, risk of electrical shocks, caught in/caught by mechanical components, and automatic conveying/automated handlers. Noise level in the work environment is usually not loud.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Must be able to read and understand English instructions, written and verbally.
In addition to an environment that's as innovative as our products, we offer competitive salaries and benefits. Panasonic is an Equal Opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Energy of North America.