Scope of Work:
The Forklift Material Handler Person is responsible for all activities involved in material movement, organization, and inventory levels within the warehouse that requires the use of a forklift. This includes pulling sales orders, filling material requests for production, and transferring finished materials to assigned bin locations and production lines.
• Must pass on site training certifications prior to using a forklift.
• Coordinate the movement of raw materials to and from the production lines as necessary.
• Coordinate movement of finished goods around the warehouses to individual truck trailers or destination spots as required.
• Prioritize production needs efficiently.
• Know warehouse product locations and be able to identify materials.
• Follow all safety policies per Koch Filter Safety Program.
• Do daily forklift inspection paperwork, if applicable.
• Help maintain the housekeeping of all Koch Filter location warehouses and building grounds.
• Assist other warehouse personnel as needed.
Education and/or Experience:
• High School Diploma with a minimum of 5 years of related experience preferred.
• Strong communication skills and the ability to work in a team environment.
• Compass experience preferred
Ability to communicate verbally or in writing
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such reading measuring tape
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Office
• The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear and smell.
• Be able to lift 50LBS.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing
A little about us:
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and industrial leader serving customers in more than 150 countries.