OCPC, an RR Donnelley company, is searching for an entry level Material Handler in our printed material bindery department.
Summary of responsibilities.
- Reads work order or follows verbal instructions to ascertain materials or components.
- Responsible for laying up, feeding or piling down materials at equipment.
- Jog product off counter stacker and stack neatly on skid to assure good running in bindery or mailing department.
- Separate signatures by hand based on customer specifications.
- Counts, weighs, and records number of units of materials moved or handled on daily production sheet.
- Complete skid flags and packaging slips to ensure accurate tracking.
- Install strapping, bracing, or padding to prevent shifting or damage in transit, using hand tools.
- Attaches identifying tags or labels to materials or marks information on cases, bales, or other containers.
- Stacks or assembles materials into bundles and bands bundles together, using banding machine and clincher.
- May occasionally operate automated equipment and/or industrial truck or electric hoist to assist in loading or moving materials and products.
- Other duties as assigned in the printing, bindery and fulfillment areas.
A little about us:
Join a company changing the fast-moving world of communications, where people like, link, pin, post and share. At RR Donnelley, we do it all.