The Material Handler is responsible for picking customer orders, inventory transactions, and effective stock-keeping operations within Flavor Manufacturing. This position works with other personnel involved in Production to receive raw material and finished goods, staging material for production. This position works independently to manage incoming raw material, transfers materials from external warehouses to our manufacturing plant, and ships finished goods to customers as necessary. The Material Handler is responsible for ensuring the accuracy of all documentation, implementing continuous improvement in the warehouse, and meeting all customer service requirements, safety, GMP, and quality system standards. This person may also be called on to do manufacturing and other production related tasks. Function Specific Activities/Key Responsibilities:
- Move raw materials and finished product within the warehouse or production facility, using forklifts (flash forklift operator - sit down/stand up) or other warehouse equipment in order to supply production and/or facilitate shipping. Inspect facility (e.g., production, warehouse, service/installation) to assure adherence to safety and operating policies and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) using Company policies and procedures.
- Maintain warehouse inventory levels in order to prepare for anticipated demand using available tools or technologies (e.g., forklifts, ERP systems, cycle counting, orders, and forecasts). Sort and set-up the daily production of orders by using a "pick, pack and ship" system in order to fulfill customer/client demand.
- Receive and document inbound materials and finished products for production and/or inventory accuracy using designated receiving procedures. Verify correct information on shipping documents/packing slips and in KO information system to ensure accurate customer billing.
- Maintain product, packaging and material inventory/availability using demand forecasts, historical orders and software tools in order to support the operations plans and customer demand of the plant.
- Investigate and identify root causes of any facility safety or security incident or environmental regulation on-compliance in order to prevent reoccurrence of similar incident at same or other facilities.
- Print daily orders/production plans and distribute to appropriate personnel for picking orders or manufacturing. Perform final quality check/inspection for accuracy and visible damage prior to shipment to customer.
- Education: High-School Diploma or equivalent
- Forklift certification is required.
- Related Work Experience: 0-3 years
- 1+ year prior warehouse/stocking/forklift experience preferred.
- Previous experience within high-speed industrial environment a plus.
- Ability to operate a manual /powered pallet jack, sit down and stand up for trucks.
- Responsible for moving product or materials in a production or warehouse environment using powered tools and vehicles.
- Operate industrial vehicles and equipment.
- Transport raw materials, full goods and/or finished goods to designated area.
- Load and unload designated trailers and/or route trucks. -Ensure compliance with regulatory and company policies and procedures.
- Move product and/or materials manually as required. Utilize WMS computer systems to for all warehouse functions, SAP is a plus.
- Demonstrated attention to detail.
DRIVE INNOVATION: Generate new or unique solutions and embrace new ideas that help sustain our business (encompassing everything from continuous improvement to new product and package innovation).
COLLABORATE WITH SYSTEM, CUSTOMERS, and AND OTHER STAKEHOLDERS: Develop and leverage relationships with stakeholders to appropriately stretch and impact the System (Company and Bottler).
ACT LIKE AN OWNER: Deliver results, creating value for our brands, our System, our customers and key stakeholders.
INSPIRE OTHERS: Inspire people to deliver our mission and 2020 Vision, demonstrate passion for the business and give people a reason to believe anything is possible.
DEVELOP SELF AND OTHERS: Develop self and support others' development to achieve full potential.
Honesty and integrity have always been cornerstone values of The Coca-Cola Company. Our passion for people of integrity mirrors our spirited drive for total quality in our brands. These and other elements allow the company to sustain strategic practices and drive business performance. The Personnel Integrity Assurance Program is another step toward making The Coca-Cola Company the premier workplace. This process includes a pre-employment background investigation that applies to all applicants, employees, and contractors of the company. The scope of this inquiry may cover such elements as education, employment history, a criminal history check, reference checks, and a pre-employment drug screen. Designated countries or sensitive positions within the company may have more stringent standards.
The Coca-Cola Company is the world's largest beverage company, refreshing consumers with more than 500 sparkling and still brands and more than 3,800 beverage choices. Led by Coca-Cola, one of the world's most valuable and recognizable brands, our Company portfolio features 20 billion-dollar brands, many of which are available in reduced-, low- or no-calorie options. Our billion-dollar brands include Diet Coke, Coca-Cola Zero, Fanta, Sprite, vitaminwater and Powerade. Through the world's largest beverage distribution system, we are the No. 1 provider of both sparkling and still beverages. More than 1.9 billion servings of our beverages are enjoyed by consumers in more than 200 countries each day. With an enduring commitment to building sustainable communities, our Company is focused on initiatives that reduce our environmental footprint, create a safe, inclusive work environment for our associates, and enhance the economic development of the communities where we operate. For more information, visit Coca-Cola Journey at http://www.coca-colacompany.com/homepage Coca-Cola Beverages (Shanghai) Ltd. an indirect wholly owned subsidiary of The Coca-Cola Company, provides marketing and technical/quality services to The Coca-Cola Company in China.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Back to top