DePuy Synthes Companies, a member of Johnson & Johnson, is recruiting for a Material Handler – Metro Offices, to be located in Elk Grove, IL.
DePuy Synthes Companies of Johnson & Johnson is the largest, most innovative and comprehensive orthopaedic and neurological business in the world. DePuy Synthes Companies offer an unparalleled breadth and depth of products, services and programs in the areas of joint reconstruction, trauma, spine, sports medicine, neurological, craniomaxillofacial, power tools and biomaterials. Building on the legacy and strengths of two great companies, more agile and better equipped to meet the needs of today’s evolving health care environment. With a focus on activating insights to develop innovative, comprehensive solutions, we are inspired to advance patient care in greater ways than either company could accomplish on its own. DePuy Synthes Joint Reconstruction is the Joint Reconstruction business offering orthopaedic devices, solutions and supplies for hip, knee and extremity reconstruction, in addition to cement and operating room products.
Johnson & Johnson Customer & Logistics Services (CLS) is a global Supply Chain organization that supports operating units across all of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies. CLS strives to deliver an exceptional customer experience through leading critical customer facing-functions such as distribution and transportation. In addition, CLS oversees critical business enablers, including how we gather and manage supply chain master data, safe and secure supply chain practices, product identification standards, and market/channel access capabilities. CLS supports all three sectors of Johnson & Johnson: Medical Device & Diagnostics, Pharmaceutical, and Consumer Products. This team is represented in multiple countries, and continues to grow globally in both visibility and responsibility. The CLS team reports to Johnson & Johnson Supply Chain and partners closely with groups throughout the supply chain organization.
• Receives loaner sets of medical equipment from Sales Representatives and hospitals
• Prepares sets for shipment according to indicated priority on order
• Maintains accurate inventory level by following established inventory tracking methods, completing inventory transactions and ordering replacement parts as needed
• Checks and sanitizes sets that have been returned through decontamination process
• Ensures orders are filled in a timely and accurate manner
• Assembles sets as necessary and performs inspections of equipment
• Performs other special projects or related duties, helping out in other areas of the warehouse as needed
• Conducts work in a warehouse environment (varied temperatures) and occasionally uses ladders
• Works in a fast-paced environment while maintaining high attention to detail
• Minimum of a High School diploma, G.E.D. or equivalent required
• Minimum of 6 months overall related experience, with demonstrated attention to detail is required
• Sterile Processing or related hospital experience is preferred
• Experience working in a distribution center or related warehouse/shipping/logistics is preferred
• Requires basic math skills, with the ability to add, subtract, multiply, divide, compute percentages and work with decimals and fractions
• Requires ability and willingness to use hand tools, measuring instruments, and sanitizing equipment
• Ability to work in a fast-paced warehouse environment is required
• Ability to perform the physical requirements of the job, including repetitively lifting up to 25-50lbs is required
• Basic understanding of Eval JDE Systems and word processing preferred
• Requires flexibility to work ANY variety of weekday hours between the hours of 7:00am -9:00pm (e.g., 7:00am-3:30pm, 8:00am-4:30pm, 10:30am-7:00pm, etc.)
• Requires flexibility to be On Call 1 week per month
• Ability to work occasional overtime, weekends, and off-shift/sliding-shift hours is required
• Position requires working in Elk Grove, IL and may require up to 15% domestic travel
United States-Illinois-Elk Grove Village
Depuy Orthopaedics. Inc. (6029)
Materials Management & Distribution
A little about us:
Johnson & Johnson cares for the world - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.