At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.Job Description:3M is seeking a Material Handler for the Electronic & Energy Business Group located in Old Hickory, TN. Here, we go.Job Summary:
The person hired for the position of Material Handler in Old Hickory, TN will be responsible for but not limited to the following specific duties:
- Demonstrating safe work behaviors to avoid injury to self or others
- Following operating procedures and customer specifications to produce quality products which are delivered to customers on time
- Contributing to continuous improvement and problem solving
- Using hand and power trucks
- Using computers as needed to run process operation
- Performing non-routine tasks when required
This position may require working:
- A 12 hour rotating shift
- A fixed shift
- Extended hours
- Short notice call-in
- Holidays as needed
- In varying climate conditions
- High School Diploma / GED or Higher
- 3 years of experience with manufacturing of non woven web on high speed lines
- 3 years of experience working in a manufacturing plant environment
- 3 years of bulk material handling experience
- 3 years of experience operating Power Industrial Vehicles
- Experience performing basic maintenance tasks in a manufacturing environment
- Experience troubleshooting and problem solving in a manufacturing environment
- 3 years of experience working with data keeping and utilizing computer operated equipment
- Experience developing standard operating procedures
- Experience participating on safety teams, or experience as a first responder at a work site
- Experience working in a fast paced environment
: Old Hickory, TNTravel:
May include up to 10% domesticRelocation:
Is Not authorized
Qualified applicants will be required to take and pass 3M elected testing as a part of the selection process.
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status)
Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M or @3MNewsroom.
Please access the linked document by clicking here , select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.