Shire is the leading global biotechnology company focused on serving people with rare diseases and other highly specialized conditions. We have best-in-class products available in more than 100 countries across core therapeutic areas including Hematology, Immunology, Neuroscience, Lysosomal Storage Disorders, Gastrointestinal / Internal Medicine / Endocrine and Hereditary Angioedema; a growing franchise in Oncology; and an emerging, innovative pipeline in Ophthalmic.
Our employees come to work every day with a shared mission: to develop and deliver breakthrough therapies for the hundreds of millions of people in the world affected by rare diseases and other high-need conditions, and who lack effective therapies to live their lives to the fullest.
Shire is a leading global biologics manufacturer opening state of the art facility outside of Atlanta, GA. This position will play a key role in supporting manufacturing operations in areas like material movement and stock tracking and processing through several Logistical computer systems
Essential duties and responsibilities -
Ingress, stock, and discard of raw materials, spare parts, chemicals, and consumables.
Performs cycle counts, inventory adjustments, and material scrap.
Compile inventory records from EBM, JDE and APDS Systems. Reconciles discrepancies in inventories.
Coordination with Warehouse for deliveries of materials, consumables, paste, and plasma
Manage supplies for manufacturing labs and process work areas.
Navigate software and hardware used by Manufacturing and Supply Chain departments.
May support in regulatory and inter-company audits.
Performs other functions as required for business needs.
- Basic math skills required.
- Excellent attention to detail required.
- Good written and communication skills.
- JDE & WMS knowledge.
- Good computer skills
Education and/or experience
- High school diploma or equivalent required with 0-3 years of work experience, preferred in related manufacturing field, Warehouse Logistics or technical field.
- Strong computer skills
- Working knowledge of ERP and/or WMS systems. JDE/SAP a plus.
- Must be able to lift, push, pull and carry up to 50 lbs.
- Will work in a cold environment
- Must be able to work multiple shifts, including weekends.
- Must be able to work overtime as required.
- Must be able to work in controlled environments requiring special gowning. Will be required to follow gowning requirements and wear protective clothing over the head, face, hands, feet and body.
- No make-up, jewelry, contact lenses, nail polish or artificial fingernails may be worn in the manufacturing environment.
A little about us:
At Shire, we help people with rare diseases and specialized conditions live their lives to the fullest.