Adecco is currently hiring Material Handlers / Forklift Operators in the Newton, NC for a stable automotive company.
Position Summary: Inventory, stage and move all material with the facility to facilitate the manufacturing process. Participates in inventory accuracy through cycle counting.
- Safely operate forklift (Sit down and Scissors) and floor cleaning equipment.
- Perform the appropriate PM services on material handling equipment.
- Maintain proper material flow through the designated plant layout in a First In- First Out (FIFO) basis.
- Maintain appropriate min-max levels line side. Report any discrepancies.
- Cycle count assigned part numbers on a calendar basis.
- Empty and drain chip hoppers.
- Proper disposal of recyclable materials.
- Prepare staging of finished goods.
- Prepare shipping labels and appropriate documents.
- Transmit outbound Advanced Shipping Notices (ASN) and verify results.
- Indentify all products by sight.
- Schedule trucks.
- Knowledge of TS 16949 and ISO 14000 systems.
- Other functions that directly relate to this position.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED is required and minimum of 1 year experience in material handling environment.
- Computer literacy required.
- Must have the ability to work with basic mathematical concepts such as addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form while solving moderately complex problems.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to perform physical activity (Lifting up to 50lbs, bending, kneeling)
Pay rate $12.50
12 hours shift - Night hours
Preferred Skills and experience:
- Working Knowledge of SAP software.
Working Condition/ Physical Demands:
Continuous standing, frequent reaching, some bending, repetitive movement of hands, wrists, and fingers. Personal protective equipment, including safety glasses and steel toe shoes, required.
Click on "Apply Now" to be considered for this position or any other Forklift Operation / Material Handler related opportunities with Adecco.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
A little about us:
We partner with people to improve skills, teams and lives every day, and we help them achieve more than they ever thought possible.