No, this isn't one of those ordinary jobs.
Cummins is a team of dependable, innovative thinkers, who are empowered to generate and deliver solutions for customers, community, and environment. Our employees develop their careers through the challenges only a diverse, global innovator can promise. This is a collaborative culture where thinking beyond your desk is more than part of the job. It is the job.
This is what we call Working Right.
Typical Duties and Tasks:
• To plan and maintain daily Supply Chain operations in one or more functional areas such as materials, production, inventory, logistics, customer service, demand management or order fulfillment.
• Ensures internal and external customers' expectations and requirements are met.
• Develop planning system strategies to improve signals across the supply chain
• Monitor and adjust parameters in the planning system.
• Use common processes tools, and information systems.
• Analyze and interpret Key Performance Indicators to identify areas for improvement and action plans.
• Execute the daily operational planning process within a specified functional area.
• Identify potential supply chain failures as part of the planning process and mitigate associated risks.
• Work closely with stakeholders - internal and/or external to develop short term tactical improvements.
• Use the planning system to drive consistent planning signals across the supply chain.
• Participate in functional process improvement teams.
• Supply Chain Knowledge - Works in or with the Supply Chain functions and has knowledge of how the functions work to meet our end customer's requirements.
• Inventory Control And Management - Understand inventory control and management principals and how they impact the local and global supply chain. Understand how the inventory management principles and objectives must tie together to insure continuity in the supply chain.
• Production Planning - Specialized training in line balancing, inventory planning, scheduling, etc. Able to effectively use these tools to adjust to changes in production in the current system. Able to implement changes with appropriate support.
• Analytical Reasoning - Applies basic research methodologies and statistical analysis to solve problems. Synthesizes and analyzes low to moderately complex data, information and evidence in order to draw meaningful conclusions.
• Attention to detail - Pays attention to all the details of what is communicated, either written, orally, or presented. Able to break down requirements to task level to enable accomplishment. Achieves thoroughness and accuracy when accomplishing a task through concern for all the areas involved. Provides information in a useable form and on a timely basis to others who need to act on it.
• Communication (Written and Verbal) - Effectively expresses messages and ideas in a clear, organized and relevant manner for a variety of audiences. Develops organized, complete, and convincing communications. Communicates information at a level appropriate for the intended audience.
• Relationship Management - Develops rapport, builds trust, and creates value in relationships. Identifies networking opportunities and effectively communicates across functions, BU's, and with both internal and external business partners.
Education, Licenses, Certifications
Bachelor's degree in applicable field required
Master's degree in applicable field preferred
Bachelor's degree with two years of experience in a supply chain role OR Master's degree with at least one internship or equivalent work experience in a supply chain role
Compensation and Benefits
Compensation: Base salary commensurate with experience.
Benefits: Additional benefits vary between locations and include options such as our 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Cash Balance Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic Partners Coverage and a full complement of personal and professional benefits.
Cummins and E-verify:
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law.
Cummins uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify .
A little about us:
No, this isn't one of those ordinary jobs.