Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 130,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms. For additional information, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com or follow us @johnsoncontrols on Twitter.
This position coordinates and releases materials, meeting production planning objectives in a fast pace manufacturing environment. Using SAP, create material releases and daily schedules to meet production and customer requirements. Provide support to both internal and external customers within the operation. Perform material planning and capacity planning activities required to support production demand; and satisfy customer requirements. Maintain appropriate inventory levels and integrity in accordance with the department goals and objectives.
•Perform daily SAP system reviews and metric analysis to identify potential and actual material shortages, review order progress, material rejection, scrap, and rework; adjusting plans and schedules as required by coordinating with appropriate manufacturing personnel and communicating changes to both functional and cross-functional team member.
•Utilize capacity planning methods and SAP system to develop a schedule to optimize costs and efficiencies with respect to labor, materials, and machinery; communicating plans, schedules, changes and modifications to both functional and cross-functional team members.
•Prepare production plan based on forecast requirements and Company inventory guidelines.
•Communicate material requirement to suppliers and purchasing department to facilitate inventory deliveries and manager push-outs and expedites to ensure components and services are available to meet production schedules. Job Qualifications: Education/Experience
- BA/BS degree or equivalent is required.
- APICS certification preferred.
- Minimum 2-3 years successful experience in production planning role.
- Experience with SAP (preferred) or other MRP system.
- Experience working directly with suppliers.
- Capacity planning experience preferred..
- Must have demonstrated successful experience using MRP systems; demonstrated successful experience using SAP is highly preferred.
- Advanced Excel skills required.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills required with a strong emphasis on detail.
- Demonstrated success working in a fast-paced and demanding manufacturing environment is required.
- Excellent analytical skills and flexibility to changing assignments.
- Strong computer skills in Windows Office Suite (Access, Excel, Word, etc) are required.
- Strong knowledge of Bills of Materials and Routings.
- Working knowledge of manufacturing activities including purchasing materials, inventory, quality engineering basics and production processes.
- Highly organized, manage multiple tasks.
- Ability to achieve results through both function and cross-functional communication and collaboration.
- Customer Focused
- Priority Setting
- Continuous Learning
- Math, Statistics and Analytical Thinking
- Integrity & Trust
- Accountability and Responsibility
- Reading & Writing for Comprehension
- Enabling Technology
- Effective Communication both verbal and written
- Planning & Organizing
A little about us:
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and industrial leader serving customers in more than 150 countries.