Location: Toledo, Ohio - United States Job Title
: Interior Systems Material Planner/ Buyer OC Business Title
: EIS Interior Systems Material PlannerJob Code(s)
: OSU601 Revision Date
: 01/20/2017 PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Growth in demand and changes in supply strategy are key drivers to turnaround the Interior System business. The Supply Chain team is playing a critical role in managing supply strategy and improving customer experience. In support of the material management process, this role is responsible and accountable for balancing the supply and demand across a network of five production facilities. This position will coordinate with vendors to ensure timely availability of all raw materials ($5MM+) to support production and will work closely with the production facilities, including the Plant Owners and Operation Leaders, to optimize raw material inventory levels. This position will also work closely with the Master Scheduler and Customer Service Teams to execute Perfect Order and drive root-cause analysis and corrective actions for any service metric failure.Reports to
: Supply Chain Leader, Interior SystemsJOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop robust understanding of order activity, manufacturing lead times, and raw material consumption by production facility to optimize inventory levels.
- Manage procurement activities to source raw material from Vendors and Finished goods from production facilities (Contract manufacturing locations making FG per OC's specifications)
- Manage ongoing production commitments by designing and implementing tools to track the weekly consumption of raw materials needed at each production facility against order requirements to meet customer promised ship dates.
- Work with core members of the team to resolve inventory/supply issue and lead discussions on alternate options
- Build and maintain strong relationship with key suppliers.
- Take active initiative to seek out and propose ideas to drive continuous improvement through innovation, automation and streamlining of core business processes that effect the supply chain function of the business.
JOB REQUIREMENTSMINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Promote effective and timely communication across the business by maintaining regular contact with the Supply Chain Leader, Master Scheduler, Customer Experience, Project Estimating and Technical Operations teams, as well as plant operations contacts, to ensure that production facilities are achieving key performance attributes.
- Perform quarterly demand segmentations to analyze material movements, and with knowledge of material lead times, integrate the data into purchasing plan.
- BS/BA in Supply Chain or other applicable field required
- Minimum 5 years of experience working in a Supply Chain capacity, preferably in material management/purchasing
- Additional qualifications/certifications preferred: Lean/ Six Sigma, CPIM, or comparable
About Owens Corning
- Knowledge of Production Scheduling and Demand Planning principles.
- Procurement, material planning and scheduling in a multi-plant manufacturing environment
- Experience working directly with outside suppliers
- Exposure to Inventory management and Control, production management, logistics, and commodity sourcingKNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Drive and motivation to maintain and improve upon professional and technical knowledge and skills to lead business change and produce results in a matrix environment
- Maintains industry knowledge and keeps abreast with current developments and trends in areas of expertise.
- Negotiations skills - Effectively facilitates the negotiation process and positions the business to achieve a results driven solution
- Effective communication skills - Ability to build professional relationships, work in teams, and be customer focused
- Demonstrates an understanding of the principles of integrated supply chain management
- Demonstrates creativity, high motivation, critical thinking, problem solving, entrepreneurial mindset, and decision making through analytics and data
- Strong Excel Skills
Owens Corning (NYSE: OC) develops, manufactures and markets insulation, roofing, and fiberglass composites. Global in scope and human in scale, the company's market-leading businesses use their deep expertise in materials, manufacturing and building science to develop products and systems that save energy and improve comfort in commercial and residential buildings. Through its glass reinforcements business, the company makes thousands of products lighter, stronger and more durable. Ultimately, Owens Corning people and products make the world a better place. Based in Toledo, Ohio, Owens Corning posted 2015 sales of $5.4 billion and employs about 16,000 people in 25 countries. It has been a Fortune 500® company for 62 consecutive years. For more information, please visit www.owenscorning.com .A career at Owens Corning offers the ability to enhance your expertise and achieve your personal and professional aspirations. Through it all, we'll empower you with an environment that encourages open communication and big ideas, competitive pay for your performance, comprehensive benefits, and more opportunities to make your impact.
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. on a permanent basis.
Owens Corning is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability.