Arconic Fastening Systems and Rings (AFSR) is seeking a Raw Material Planner for our expanding Planning Department. This new role will be responsible for the planning of material to meet production requirements for on time delivery. This includes the accurate assignment, tracking and documentation of raw material for the manufacturing process. Raw materials include titanium, aluminum, nickel alloys, and other metals. This position is located at the AFSR aerospace forging plant in Fontana, CA.
Arconic Fastening Systems and Rings (AFSR) serves the global aerospace, automotive, and commercial transportation markets with the most specialized engineering, highest quality, and the greatest breadth and depth of fastening system solutions and seamless rolled rings in our industry. Headquartered in Torrance, CA; AFSR employs 7,900 people in 13 countries at 38 locations. AFSR is a business unit of Arconic (NYSE:ARNC).
Join Arconic and join a network of people who are passionate about industry-changing technology that advances the world. You'll have the opportunity to work with leading global companies that operate in world-changing industries-such as aerospace, automotive, building and construction, defense and commercial transportation. It's not just a job. It's a career and a path to the future. You'll be part of a diverse culture of learning, teaching and mentorship. Arconic is fully committed to developing people: providing employees with the resources, and learning and development opportunities they need to excel and build a career. Key Responsibilities:
- Ability to negotiate pricing in conjunction with our long-term agreement contracts
- Process receiving transactions and material allocation daily
- Track incoming material on time delivery from vendors
- Works to manage inventory levels to adhere to budgetary guidelines
- Develop relationships with all vendors to assure that the company receives quality materials and competitive pricing to meet corporate standards.
- Works to quality standards for material purchases
- Negotiate vendor agreements to minimize inventory overages while assuring on-time delivery.
- Source secondary vendors to ensure product availability.
- Timely and accurate purchase order entry based on MRP
- Timely communication with manager, internal and external customers.
- Produce periodic reports for manager as needed
- Analyze inventory reports to identify slow moving items, overstocked items and obsolete inventory. Work in conjunction with production departments to maintain appropriate inventory levels and turn slow moving items, overstock items and obsolete material into cash
- Source, negotiate and transact scrap sales.
- Follow corporate guidelines for procurement of raw material
- Other duties as assigned
- LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, drawings, standards, specifications and operating instructions and procedures. Ability to compose routine reports and correspondence for internal/external customers. Ability to communicate effectively before groups of employees of organization, and customers.
- MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, proportions and percentages. Ability to perform conversion calculations (e.g. metric to inches, Celsius to Fahrenheit). Ability to apply concepts of basic mathematics.
- REASONING ABILITY: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- INTERPERSONAL AND CUSTOMER SERVICE SKILLS: Demonstrated ability to effectively develop long-standing business relationships while managing through difficult issues. Must be highly intuitive when dealing with customer's expectations and must be alert to the impact that cultural differences have on the business relationship.
- COMPUTER SKILLS: Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite; advanced knowledge of ERP systems (Visual Manufacturing); working knowledge of Material Requirements Planning (MRP)
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited Institution
- Minimum 2 years of Planning experience in Manufacturing
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
- This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) which requires U.S. person status. ITAR defines U.S. person as an U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Prefer the Bachelor's Degree is in Business or Supply Chain Management, from an accredited institution
- Experience with scheduling and coordination of work flow
- Experience with MRP/ERP systems
- Quality and technical knowledge of metallurgical raw material specifications is a plus
- General knowledge of manufacturing processes for metal fabrication.
A little about us:
Arconic Inc. (NYSE: ARNC) creates breakthrough products that shape industries. Working in close partnership with our customers, we solve complex engineering challenges to transform the way we fly, drive, build and power. Through the ingenuity of our people and cutting-edge advanced manufacturing, we deliver these products at a quality and efficiency that ensures customer success and shareholder value.