GE Oil & Gas
Oil & Gas Turbomachinery Solutions
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Why join one great company when you can join many? We're passionate about making life better with new ideas and technologies. Experience personal growth and competency development as part of the GE team.
GE Oil & Gas is a world leader in advanced technologies and services with 43,000 employees in more than 100 countries supporting customers across the industry-from extraction to transportation to end use. Our unrelenting commitment to the environment, health and safety, quality and integrity defines us: it's The Way We Work. We develop smart solutions for our customers across the oil and gas value chain delivering the innovation, customized service solutions, training programs and technology that helps them to maximize their efficiency, productivity and equipment reliability. We partner with our customers to develop their next generation workforce; help them to fully benefit from the megatrends of natural gas, the growth of subsea and hard-to-reach reserves and the revolution in asset health management.Learn more about GE Oil and Gas Today!
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on twitter:@geconnections
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Posted Position Title
Material Planning & Execution Specialist
Materials and Production Planning
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United States
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces
The Material Planning & Execution Specialist will be responsible for defined work or projects with moderate complexity. In this role, you will follow an individual work plan, meet day-to-day short term objectives, and resolve issues through immediate action or short-term planning.
In the role of Material Planning & Execution Specialist you will:
* Coordinate and execute scheduling activities for assigned part numbers using advanced planning system
* Coordinate input on material shortages, farm out, and delivery of hardware
* Identify and react to material plans that do not meet customer requirements
* Monitor implementation of corrective action plans
* Provide effective scheduling and implementation of all programs based on the Master Schedule, cycle time, hardware / tooling availability, and status to schedules
* Monitor supply and demand misalignment using advanced planning system, and collaborate with manufacturing sources to implement corrective action plans
* Act as a focal point and monitor assigned areas to ensure hardware and subassemblies' delivery dates meet production needs
* Coordinate the efforts of cross-functional groups and across shifts to resolve bottlenecks, parts shortages, machine maintenance, and manpower issues
* Assure timely shipments to all customers
* Prepare and implement work orders and plans as required
* Interface with demand management, scheduling, fulfillment team, configuration control, supply sources, customer service reps and other GE organizations as required
* Maintain accurate traceability for all records created during manufacturing of products, and ICR transfers
* Analyze and measure the current production status and identify problem areas that inhibit full schedule realization
* Analyze data to determine opportunities to decrease inventory, improve customer service levels and reduce total costs
* Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college (OR High School Diploma /GED from accredited school or institution and minimum of 7 years of experience in utilizing planning systems)
* Minimum 3 years of experience in utilizing planning systems
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
* Prior experience in production control or planning, supervision, sourcing and/or material control environment
* Ability to manage multiple tasks and establish effective work priorities
* Ability to work effectively in all environments
* Demonstrated oral and written communication skills
* Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
* Strong analytical abilities
GE looks for innovation everywhere.For 130 years, GE has been at the forefront of innovation, but finding solutions to the world's biggest problems has never been more important than right now. Join us today and become an essential part of the solution! Not just imagining. Doing. GE works.
Start your career on the right path.Join our results-oriented team at GE Oil & Gas today!
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.