Material Program Manager Job Description
We are providing high volume manufacturing HVM Material Program Management for various business units at the outsourced ODMs/EMS.
The MPM is responsible for Early engagement, golden handshake to ensure smooth transition from NPI to HVM.
At times, MPM will own end to end program management from NPI to HVM. Ensure new products launches on time TTM, sustain BOM Risk Assessment and Material Risk Assessment, drive various Material Strategy to meet product ramp, coordinate multisource plan with GSM stakeholders and external ODMs, material escalation, drive BOM Cost target, influence Design Engineer during BOM component selection, cost benchmarking activities, ensure BOM health via BOM scrub process, enable new site start up, liability settlement with external ODMs, etc.
This MPM will manage tight linkages to each Business Units to ensure material availability/cost/qualification to enable output max while balancing cost and inventory control to meet BU expectation.
Responsibility may include but not limited to :
- Work with BU stakeholder to align business priorities and roadmap alignment.
- Strong business acumen and run regular business operations.
- Review with BUs Execution of MPMs functions, controls and continuous business process improvement.
- Define and implement key operational indicators to measure and drive continuous improvement of BOM Health, Material Strategy.
- Effectiveness Influence component selections before BOM lock down Cost benchmarking to ensure rBOM cost meets BU profitability target.
- Drive efficiency and improve program risk management.
- Drive organization and people development collaborating with partners in BUs and GSM to ensure output max.
- Lead BPM for MPM related activities.
- Drive key procurement initiatives.
- MBA or MS in Supply Chain Management or equivalent experience with strong knowledge of procurement processes and systems plus 10 yrs. materials management experience.
- Must have a legal permanent right to work in the US without requiring sponsorship.
- Power user in Excel, SharePoint, and/or one data visualization tool.
- Knowledge in SAP, SPEED, & MRP.
Inside this Business Group
- Strong knowledge and experience in indirect and direct material inventory strategies is strongly desired.
- Certified in Project Management CSCP certification highly desired.
- Engineering degrees would be added advantage.
- Procurement, Outsourcing Management.
As the world's largest chip manufacturer, Intel strives to make every facet of semiconductor manufacturing state-of-the-art -- from semiconductor process development and manufacturing, through yield improvement to packaging, final test and optimization, and world class Supply Chain and facilities support. Employees in the Technology and Manufacturing Group are part of a worldwide network of design, development, manufacturing, and assembly/test facilities, all focused on utilizing the power of Moore's Law to bring smart, connected devices to every person on EarthOther Locations
Malaysia, Kulim; Posting Statement.
Intel prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.
Our vision is simple and direct. If it computes, it does it best with Intel. We embrace all aspects of computing.