Bachelor's Degree of Science
• Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering
• Serve as a technical lead for manufacturing and packaging processes. Develop continuous improvement activities associated with improving yield and reducing waste across a portfolio of consumer healthcare products in the OTC and oral care categories.
• Propose and implement process improvements
• Conduct investigations of process deviations to determine root cause/corrective actions
• Author and execute plant trials to resolve process challenges as well as implement new improvements.
• Author/revise Batch Records, SOPs, technical reports, technical change controls, and other site documentation
• Conduct technical training on processes and procedures to all levels of the organization
• Candidate should be familiar with project management tools/software (i.e. MSProject).
• Familiar with problem solving techniques, people management skills, and Lean/Six Sigma tools
• Knowledgeable of high speed packaging and manufacturing operations
• Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills
To provide process improvements and standard ways of working to the Memphis site in an effort to meet the site's commitment to reduce material waste (MUV).
• Working knowledge of various manufacturing processes and unit operations including powder/material handling and dispensing, roll compaction, dry blending/milling, tablet compression, and secondary packaging
• Basic knowledge of process control systems
• Continuous improvement background with knowledge of Lean Manufacturing/Six Sigma/OE tools and techniques
• Experience using coaching/mentoring techniques and interpersonal communication skills in working with a diverse population at all levels of the company (i.e. shop floor to global corporate partners)
• Experience in technical writing
• Demonstrated track record of success leading multiple projects simultaneously with minimal direction
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK HR Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
A little about us:
We are a science-led global healthcare company on a mission to help people to do more, feel better and live longer.