Otis, a United Technologies company, is the world leader in reliable, efficient and technologically advanced elevators, escalators and people-moving systems. Our revolutionary Gen2® elevators, energy-saving ReGen™ drives and NCE "green" escalator have clearly set the industry standard for innovation, safety and performance. More than 2.4 million Otis elevators and escalators are currently in operation throughout 200 different countries. We are proud to have a global team that continues to rise to the challenges of a fast-moving company. Together, the people of Otis are creating new ideas and opportunities by collaborating across time zones, geographies and cultures. So just imagine where we can take you!
Otis Elevator is seeking a summer intern (May-August 2018) to assist with multiple projects in the Materials Department (Purchasing) that will provide the student with an introduction to Materials and Purchasing functions including global sourcing activities, vendor management and continuous improvement initiatives. The student will engage with a wide variety of stakeholders within the Otis Elevator organization while developing project management & customer service skills. RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Help standardize packaging from suppliers and design, test and develop guidelines for packaging solutions
- Work with internal resources and suppliers to achieve functional/optimal packaging goals
- Analyze engineering drawings and production demand to determine warehouse space requirements
- Assist with special handling, purchasing lift assist equipment ensuring all EH&S requirements are met
- Working knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet and database programs
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Microsoft Project
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Initiative to learn industry and project requirements
- Ability to collaborate efforts with team members and work in a team environment
- Must be pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree in Industrial Engineering or a similar field from an accredited institution
- Must have completed two years of postsecondary education
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 required
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
A little about us:
Otis Elevator Company is the world's largest manufacturer and maintainer of people-moving products, including elevators, escalators and moving walkways - a constant, reliable name for more than 160 years.