Overview: Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World's Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter .
Inventory Control Manager Inventory Control Manager Job Purpose:
perform inventory functions and physical counting of inventory to maintain accuracy of perpetual inventory; facilitates the ordering of specified items as needed to maintain proper inventory levels; orchestrates month end inventory procedures to correspond with company SOPs. Inventory Control Manager Job Duties:
- Maintains receiving, warehousing, and distribution operations by supervising, coordinating, and enforcing programs, operational, and personnel policies and procedures per established business process compliance SOPs.
- Safeguards warehouse operations and contents by establishing and monitoring security procedures, ensuring proper food safety protocols are being followed, and all required logs are maintained.
- Works with Warehouse Managers on rotating inventory (FIFO) and inventory stocking issues.
- Controls inventory levels by conducting regular physical Reference Counts; comparing with WIMS (theoretical); investigates all variances and identifies appropriate actions that will minimize/eliminate these variances.
- Owns the standard of achieving and maintaining WIMS QOH = PHYSICAL QOH.
- Identifies the need for cycle counts to correct physical vs. theoretical inventory variances, and communicates this need to the GM and Sr. Inventory Control Analyst/Business Manager.
- Monitors and audits all transactions that may impact inventory levels, and provides the necessary feedback to management that will help improve performance.
- Ensures a consistent and comprehensive QC verification process is in place for all transfer-out and transfer-in transactions.
- Manages and works closely with Receivers to communicate rejected items and determines the best course of action to replace them.
- Coordinates end of month inventory processes with the warehouse team to ensure accurate counts on count sheets and data in WIMS. Runs all applicable reports and reconciles inventory in month end spreadsheets to show variances. Researches variances with leadership team to ensure accurate shrink numbers.
- Drives to maintain shrink at or below company standards.
- Coordinates all deliveries and works closely with centralized purchasing team to communicate shortages from vendors, proper days on hand quantities and any "smart" purchasing needs.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed and promotes a two way channel of effective/timely communication between components.
- Supports the need and orchestration of Warehouse2Warehouse Transfers, to ensure that they are utilized prudently and strategically, and only as absolutely necessary.
- Supervises, coaches and develops Inventory Control Specialist and Warehouse Receivers as required.
- Works closely with and performs other duties as assigned by GM, AGM, Sr. Operations Manager, and Sr. Inventory Control Analyst/Business Manager.
Qualifications: Bachelors Degree in Business Administration/Finance/Supply Chain Management
Supervision, Developing Standards, Managing Processes, Surveillance Skills, Inventory Control, Reporting Skills, Analyzing Information, Attention to Detail and Accuracy.
A little about us:
At Aramark, we believe that each of our employees can play an important role in creating the great experiences that become lasting memories.