Air Products, a company of approximately 16,000 employees, is the world's safest and best performing industrial gases company, providing sustainable offerings and excellent service to all customers. We strive to be a company of choice that is recognized by its colleagues, customers, and community as a company that draws strength, opportunity and financial growth from the diversity of its workforce. Our success will be directly attributed to having a work environment that is collaborative, inclusive and respectful of all people.
Air Products and Chemicals, Inc (NYSE:APD), a Fortune 500 manufacturer of industrial gases, has an opening for an experienced Buyer - Materials Management Specialist at its Palmetto, FL Facility. The Buyer will be responsible to ensure the material availability of critical purchases by planning, procuring and managing the material requirements of the plant.To apply for this position, please visit the Air Products Career Center @ www.airproducts.com/careers and apply to Job Req # 21468BR.
The Materials Management Specialist will be responsible for ensuring the continuity of material supply to the Port Manatee plant. This includes flow of materials from the business forecast stage through acquisition, processing and final fabrication. It embraces the planning, scheduling and monitoring of those materials from the raw to completed state. The incumbent will be responsible for developing and executing supply strategies.
An in depth understanding of Materials Requirement Planning (MRP) and materials management systems is a pre-requisite for this position. The Materials Management Specialist will also be responsible for the sourcing and development of suppliers under an ISO 9001 Quality system. The individual will be responsible for driving continuous improvement with suppliers and a thorough knowledge of root cause/corrective action resolution with supplier non-conformances is required. Planning and participation in supplier qualification audits is required.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Planning and procurement of critical parts (purchased and manufactured)
- Utilization of Lean Concepts/Supply Chain Management for the effective procurement of materials
- Communication of key information regarding material cost, delivery and availability
- Qualifying key suppliers and developing pricing agreements for the purchase of critical materials
- Root Cause/Corrective Action planning and the implementation of preventive measures for all major material problems - Reviewing drawings and specifications for communicating requirements to suppliers
- Proactive inventory management including inventory reductions and inventory turns
- Monitor and communicate supplier performance (supplier ratings and meetings)
- Investigate work process improvements for cycle time and cost reductions opportunities
- Achieve lowest total evaluated purchase cost to maximize return on investment
- Development of major material requirements and coordinate with the needs of production, purchasing and planning personnel
- BS or AS Degree in Engineering or Business Management preferred
- Minimum of 5 years experience in a similar Materials Management role is required
- Experience in a manufacturing environment and with MRP/ERP systems and related processes
- Mechanical/technical aptitude a must with ability to procure machined, forged, formed materials and pipe spools specified from engineering drawings and specifications
- Experience with various grades of material, ASME/ASTM codes, and engineering specifications
- Familiarity with SAP ERP software a plus Air Products is a sponsor of Skills USA and participants are encouraged to apply PASSION TO BE THE BEST IN THE INDUSTRY
Our excellent results in FY2016 had a lot to do with the many ideas put forward by our employees and executed to improve our operations. With a focus on productivity and operational improvement activities, as a company we focus our attention to smart, profitable growth-the kind of growth that comes, in part, from innovation and a passion to be the best in the industry. Integrity is a vital part of the Air Product's culture and employees are expected to uphold the highest ethical standards and communicate across all channels with respect and honesty. Employees should demonstrate a positive attitude and be willing to take on new opportunities and embrace tough challenges with a sense of ownership, energy and urgency. He / She must be able to approach work both individually and as a member of the team.
Air Products offers a comprehensive benefits package including paid holidays/vacation, affordable medical, dental, life insurance and retirement plans.
Air Products (NYSE:APD) is a world-leading Industrial Gases company in operation for over 75 years. The Company's core industrial gases business provides atmospheric and process gases and related equipment to manufacturing markets, including refining and petrochemical, metals, electronics, and food and beverage. Air Products is also the world's leading supplier of liquefied natural gas process technology and equipment. The Company had fiscal 2016 sales of $7.5 billion from continuing operations in 50 countries and has a current market capitalization of approximately $30 billion. Approximately 16,000 employees are making Air Products the world's safest and best performing industrial gases company, providing sustainable offerings and excellent service to all customers.
If you are a current Air Products employee, please apply via APOnline. Select the People tab, under the Careers column, click on Career Center.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those applicants who are being considered for an interview, or are currently employed by Air Products, will be contacted.
Air Products is an Equal Opportunity Employer (U.S.) All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, citizenship, gender, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, or veteran status.
Opportunities for veterans with experience in instrument, electrical, and mechanical environments.