Ethicon Endo Surgery Inc., a member of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Materials Management Team Worker 2 – Outbound (1 of 2) to be located in Albuquerque, New Mexico.
The Ethicon Surgical Care business offers a broad range of products, platforms and technologies—including sutures, surgical staplers, clip appliers, trocars and synthetic mesh devices—that are used in a wide variety of minimally invasive and open surgical procedures. Specialties include support for treatment of colorectal and thoracic conditions, women’s health conditions, hernias, cancer and obesity. The Ethicon Surgical Care business combines products and services of two market-leading legacy companies, both with long histories of medical innovation. Ethicon, Inc. based in Somerville, New Jersey, was founded more than 80 years ago as a pioneer in suture development and manufacturing, helping to transform the safety and effectiveness of open surgery. Ethicon Endo-Surgery, Inc. was created 20 years ago in Cincinnati, Ohio, developing innovative devices that have driven the revolutionary shift from open to minimally invasive surgery that continues to lead the industry today.
Ships and delivers finished goods to external warehouses and other customers. Prepares paperwork and follows up on shipping process. Participates in multiple logistic processes to ensure accurate shipments.
• Loads and unloads outbound trailers
• Prepares pallets for outbound shipments per work instructions
• Prepares miscellaneous small outbound shipments, i.e. Fed-Ex
• Maintains neat and accurate paper and electronic records & documentation related to work in
• progress on ordering, receiving, storing, issuing, and shipping materials
• Assembles batches and records transactions into the correct system
• Performs finished goods cycle counting as required
• Reports issues to Materials Management facilitator and recommends solutions
• Supports plant-wide initiatives for shipment of backorder requirements
• Supports the coordination and communication of non-conformance items to assure
• nonconforming products are not processed into outbound freight
• Interfaces with outbound drivers as needed
• Follows all company safety policies and other safety precautions within the work area
• Other responsibilities may be assigned and not all responsibilities listed may be assigned.
• Environmental – Participate in implementation of the EMS management system including continual improvement; pollution prevention; objectives and targets; and regulatory compliance.
• Implement and follow all applicable EMS procedures.
• Adhere to the site’s EHS Code of ConductQualifications
• A minimum of a High School diploma, G.E.D. or equivalent required.
• Basic math and writing skills
• Excellent communication skills
• Ability to locate and review critical information, lot numbers and material locations using multiple computer systems such as SAP, MARC, and E1.
• Demonstrates keen problem solving skills
• Competent in Microsoft Office programs
• Generally requires one (1) year of related experience
• Materials management and/or inventory control experience is preferred
• Experience with manufacturing operations is preferred
• Ability to be certified to operate a PIV (forklift)
• Clamp truck and pallet jack experience preferred
• Enterprise system, distribution or inventory systems. E1 software preferred.
• This position requires long periods of walking, standing, bending, stooping, and reaching. Physical requirements also include carrying and moving boxes, pallets, BBT lids, pads, sides, and thin walls foam weighing up to 60 lbs.
• Must be willing to participate in, and meet, all required criteria in medical surveillance program.
• Two shifts are available: 11:00pm-7:30am and 6:00pm-2:30am, Monday-Friday
• Schedule flexibility is required and may include overtime, weekends, or holidays
United States-New Mexico-AlbuquerqueOrganization
Ethicon Endo Surgery Inc (6041)Job Function