Eaton’s manufacturing facility located in Arden, NC has an
opening for a Materials Manager.
This position is
responsible for directing and controlling the flow of materials into the
plant, maintaining the balance between increasing inventory turns and avoiding
production interruptions. Manages inventory stocking levels,
proactive planning activities, and order and stocking policies. The
essential functions are:
- Develops, forecasts and controls inventory levels based on sales
forecasts and other commitments in order to balance inventory with production
- Manages Materials Planning Team to ensure objectives, schedules
and budgets are achieved.
- Determines materials requirements needed to meet production
schedules, inventory levels, and shipment demands to achieve on-time production
and inventory management requirements.
- Identifies and implements creative inventory strategies to
optimize inventory levels and reduce costs.
- Coordinates with other departments, such as Engineering, Quality,
Customer Service and Production to material availability.
- Works closely with teams from the various Product Lines to support
SIOP planning process.
- Analyzes and evaluates inventory and delivery problems and
recommends and/or implements solutions to optimize inventory levels and
- Responsible for minimizing various cost-of-non-performance
measures, including premium freight due to material shipments and
- Drives continuous improvement within the Materials Planning Team
and throughout the plant.
- Other duties, projects as assigned.
- Knowledge of materials planning systems, production planning, and
- Expertise in Eaton Business Systems
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (specifically advanced Excel
- Strong, proven analytical skills
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution required.
- Minimum two (2) years related professional experience in
- Minimum of one (1) year of experience in a leadership role.
- Must be eligible to work in U.S. without company sponsorship.
- Bachelor’s degree in materials management, engineering, finance,
- Professional supply chain experience
- APICS CPIM Certification
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG PDCAD Power Distrib Control Assy Div
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
A little about us:
Eaton is a global technology leader in power management solutions. We make power operate more efficiently, effectively, safely & sustainably.