GE Oil & Gas
Oil & Gas Downstream Technology Solutions
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Why join one great company when you can join many? We're passionate about making life better with new ideas and technologies. Experience personal growth and competency development as part of the GE team.
GE Oil & Gas is a world leader in advanced technologies and services with 43,000 employees in more than 100 countries supporting customers across the industry-from extraction to transportation to end use. Our unrelenting commitment to the environment, health and safety, quality and integrity defines us: it's The Way We Work. We develop smart solutions for our customers across the oil and gas value chain delivering the innovation, customized service solutions, training programs and technology that helps them to maximize their efficiency, productivity and equipment reliability. We partner with our customers to develop their next generation workforce; help them to fully benefit from the megatrends of natural gas, the growth of subsea and hard-to-reach reserves and the revolution in asset health management.Learn more about GE Oil and Gas Today!
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on twitter:@geconnections
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Posted Position Title
Materials and Production Planning
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United States
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces
The Materials Manager will lead supply chain site long-term planning, inventory and production control requirements demonstrating strong integration with manufacturing production/sourcing teams and cross-functional stakeholders (commercial/sales, product line/platform, engineering, project, finance)
In the role of Materials Manager you will:
* Support the ITO function: contribute to material procurement timing, order release timing requirements, available capacity, & lead-times
* Lead the master production schedule for the RoW business and ensure a consistent handoff of planning information to the production work cells, sourcing, & engineering
* Lead capacity requirements planning (CRP) processes by gathering & loading information into planning tools, analyzing data, and providing regular updates to Supply Chain Management (SCM) leadership
* Interface with COMM OPS/projects and Manufacturing cells to track production progress
* Gather production metrics and periodically report these metrics to SCM leadership
* Ensure that the master schedule and production schedules are synchronized
* Report and monitor plant production load and capacity
* Lead production of the business slot plan forecast with easy to access and transparent data
* Lead and Monitor the inventory, SMI and excess balances & drive reduction initiatives
* Lead and Monitor all the logistics activities (Shipping, Warehousing, and Receiving)
* Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university
* Minimum 5 years of experience in facilitation and production control in a manufacturing environment, production planning, inventory management principles and practices, or materials management disciplines
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
* Demonstrated leadership in communicating business goals / programs / processes for an area or business segment
* Experience and expertise to solve complex problems
* Able to lead & own the development & improvement of Materials Management Critical Processes
* Knowledge of production and inventory management
* Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
* Able to develop and execute objectives for self and others
* Able to lead organizational staffing & development for the materials management team at site
* Able to develop & execute materials management training plans to drive functional expertise
* Strong influencing skills within a matrix organization
* Strong oral and written communication skills
GE works on things that matter. The best people and the best technologies taking on the toughest challenges. Finding solutions in energy, health and home, transportation and finance. Building, powering, moving and curing the world. Not just imagining. Doing. GE works.
Looking for a challenge where your experience is valued? Come see what you can achieve as a leader with GE Oil & Gas!
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.