GE Oil & Gas
Oil & Gas Turbomachinery Solutions
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Why join one great company when you can join many? We're passionate about making life better with new ideas and technologies. Experience personal growth and competency development as part of the GE team.
GE Oil & Gas is a world leader in advanced technologies and services with 43,000 employees in more than 100 countries supporting customers across the industry-from extraction to transportation to end use. Our unrelenting commitment to the environment, health and safety, quality and integrity defines us: it's The Way We Work. We develop smart solutions for our customers across the oil and gas value chain delivering the innovation, customized service solutions, training programs and technology that helps them to maximize their efficiency, productivity and equipment reliability. We partner with our customers to develop their next generation workforce; help them to fully benefit from the megatrends of natural gas, the growth of subsea and hard-to-reach reserves and the revolution in asset health management.Learn more about GE Oil and Gas Today!
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on twitter:@geconnections
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Posted Position Title
Materials and Production Planning
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United States
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces
The Materials Manager will lead supply chain site long-term planning, inventory and production control requirements demonstrating strong integration with service production/sourcing teams and cross-functional stakeholders (commercial/sales, product line/platform, engineering, project management, fulfillment)
In the role of Materials Manager you will:
* Support the Contract Performance Manager (CPM) by contributing to on-time material procurement, order release timing requirements, available capacity, & lead-times
* Lead the master production schedule for the RoW business and ensure a consistent handoff of planning information to the Site team, sourcing, & engineering
* Lead capacity requirements planning (CRP) processes by gathering & loading information into planning tools, analyzing data, and providing regular updates to CPM
* Support CPM in Interface with COMM OPS/projects and Manufacturing cells to track production progress and its metrics.Periodically report these metrics to support the development of Site activities' Balance scorecard
* Ensure Outage schedule and Planning schedules are synchronized
* Lead, monitor and track in alignment with the team tools all the logistics activities (Shipping, Warehousing, and Receiving)
* Participate in the delivery, acceptance, storage, or delivery for immediate installation of the components and spare parts at Site, identify discrepancies, defects and non-mandatory spare parts. Keep record of types, quantities and manufacturing dates for parts in stock, identify expired parts or non-compatible with the Covered Unit(s) .
* Develop and implement action plan for resolution of defects or discrepancy.
* Use CMMS system to input items maintenance data, raise Parts requests and expedite Parts procurement.
* Inspect Parts in Stock periodically, and/or while collected from the Stock for an operation, either onshore or offshore, and notify Owner for any visible defect, possibly activate maintenance of the concerned parts, especially capital parts. Recommend preservation procedures
* Provide Owner personnel counseling for possible stock optimization, including training. Collaborate with customer during inventory, preparation, and shipment of Parts, as well as documentation requirements for transportation. Notify Owner when special tools are required for maintenance interventions
* Notify CPM when (i) Parts, tools and special tools, are planned to be used and (ii) in the event such materials are not transferred on Site in due time.
* Participate in Outage preparation process. For unplanned Maintenance event, perform Stock assessment and make recommendations for parts needed at site.
* Perform or cause to be performed, safety inspections for all rigging and lifting equipment as well as all Craft and outage related tools the contractor may have at site, or on used on an interim basis.
* Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university
* Minimum 5 years of experience in facilitation and production control in a manufacturing environment, production planning, inventory management principles and practices, or materials management disciplines
* Ability and willingness to work in Cameron, LA
* Ability and willingness to travel 20% of the time
* Ability and willingness to frequently stand; walk; use hands and fingers dexterously to operate tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and communicate orally
* Ability and willingness and ability to work in a hot/cold or dusty environment at times
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
* Strong influencing, interpersonal and leadership skills in a multicultural team, and matrix organization.
* Strong oral and written communication skills
* Excellent computer skills including proficiency in MS word, Excel and Power Point. Working knowledge of SAP/ORACLE a plus.
* Proficient in the use of inventory control and computerized maintenance management systems
* Capable of writing maintenance procedures and work requests
* Ability to read and interpret mechanical, electrical, instrument process drawings and vendor technical manuals
GE works on things that matter. The best people and the best technologies taking on the toughest challenges. Finding solutions in energy, health and home, transportation and finance. Building, powering, moving and curing the world. Not just imagining. Doing. GE works.
Looking for a challenge where your experience is valued? Come see what you can achieve as a leader with GE Oil & Gas!
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.