Job Description: TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS:
25-75% (Up to 75% travel initially, but will taper down to 25-50%) RESPONSIBILITY LEVEL:
Key measure responsibilities for Delivery Performance, Inventory, Freight, Inventory Loss, Staffing - Salary and Indirect Materials, People Development and Profit Planning / Budgeting. Implement tools and processes that improve operating efficiencies and reduce cost within LOB / Region and supporting supply chains. Influence/Educate/Support manufacturing operations to improve key measure performance. PRINCIPAL DUTIES:
- Conduct GMOC plant material control assessments, identifying key actions supporting road map for improving material control maturity to optimize inventory and meet customer service levels. Track and drive Action Plans within plants assigned to achieve Maturity Levels in Material Control principle according Leadership expectations.
- Evaluate inventory planning and reporting along with plant detail-level actions to drive improvement, and minimize Excess and Obsolete Inventory in plants assigned.
- Evaluate Supply Chain Management process knowledge and drive implementation for Best Business Process are address within Johnson Controls Manufacturing System (JCMS, ERP systems, Continuous Improvement, Lean Principles, Budgeting, Planning, Financial P&L, Team Development, Program Launch and Balance Out, Electronic Commerce, Project Management in plants assigned.
- Lead implementation for tools and processes that improve operating efficiencies and reduce cost within LOB's and supporting supply chains. Influence/Educate/Support manufacturing operations to improve key measure performance.
- Track identified KPI's along with actions to close gaps to targets. Identify and track key operational metrics with actions to close gaps to established targets.
- Manage Supply Chain Management activities across multiple plants. Multiple suppliers, customers, products and processes within scope of responsibility.
- Maintains effective working relationship and communication with all plants and departments.
- Develop and implement and manage the Sales Operating Production process (SOP)
- Develop robust ERP practices.
- Travels 25-75%
- Bachelor's degree in Industrial Engineering, Logistics, or Business Administration with six (6) to ten (10) years experience in a warehouse, manufacturing or production area including at least three (3) years of material management experience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite Applications (Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint) as well as Internet software and E-mail is required. Extended ERP/MRP experience.
- MBA Preferred.
- APICS Certification preferred or expected to be obtained from individuals taking this role.
- MAPICS, MACPAC, Fourth Shift experience preferred.
- Understanding of manufacturing operations and supporting business processes and the ability to effectively communicate and drive change in a manufacturing environment, across levels in the organization and extending to internal and external partners, is critical.
- Ability to understand and clarify business needs and develop processes that achieve business objectives is a must.
- Extended knowledge of ERP business systems and experience as business analyst helping to design and document processes, including implementing supporting IT tools, preferred..
- Knowledge of and experience working with multiple manufacturing operations strongly preferred.
A little about us:
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and industrial leader serving customers in more than 150 countries.