DePuy Synthes Orthopaedics is currently searching for a Materials Manufacturing Engineer II at their Raynham, MA facility as part of the transformational 2020 program.
DePuy Synthes Companies of Johnson & Johnson is the largest, most innovative and comprehensive orthopaedic and neurological business in the world. DePuy Synthes Companies offer an unparalleled breadth and depth of products, services and programs in the areas of joint reconstruction, trauma, spine, sports medicine, neurological, craniomaxillofacial, power tools and biomaterials. Building on the legacy and strengths of two great companies, more agile and better equipped to meet the needs of today's evolving health care environment. With a focus on activating insights to develop innovative, comprehensive solutions, we are inspired to advance patient care in greater ways than either company could accomplish on its own.
The Manufacturing Engineer II will play a key role in developing and implementing raw materials related projects at the Raynham, MA manufacturing facility as part of the cluster Materials Development Team. The successful candidate will apply engineering and process knowledge to relevant manufacturing processes both external and internal to optimise end to end manufacturing in terms of Quality, Service and COGS. This candidate will need to collaborate with the applicable Suppliers, Technology Virtual Team’s, SME’s, Source, Procurement, R&D, Engineering and Operations functions in order to be successful identifying and delivering significant materials related engineering projects.
POSITION DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ownership of projects in the Materials Development area
- Develop a high level and understanding of Raynham’s manufacturing processes
- Participate in the development of long-term strategies for materials related technologies
- Conduct detailed product / process design reviews
- Responsible for the identification, valuation, planning, organizing, executions, and coordination of quality/value improvement projects at key, strategic raw material suppliers.
- Implement of cost effective manufacturing solutions to drive end to end manufacturing efficiencies in partnership with Source and strategic suppliers
- Conduct feasibility studies to assess new technologies or process improvements
- Implement design for manufacturability in new processes to minimise lifecycle cost
- Apply appropriate statistical and validation techniques based on overall risk
- Project management responsibility for Material Development projects
- Support root cause analysis activities related to material processes
- Provide timely and accurate reporting on project activities
- Ensure all activities comply with GMP, ISO and quality system requirements
- Ensure that all health, safety and environmental requirements are fulfilled
- Participate in collaborations with R&D and academic institutions
- Help develop advanced materials related manufacturing processes from end to end within the supply chain, including raw materials, process design and optimisation
- Support the development of capital business cases for new process development projects
- A minimum of a B.S. in Engineering field required
- Must have at least two (2) years of overall manufacturing engineering experience within Medical Device or other regulated work environment
- Project management experience required
- Proficiency in MS Office required
- The position is located in Raynham, MA and it is required for the candidate must possess the ability to travel up to 25%
- History of identifying and delivering significant cost reduction projects
- Casting, Forging or CNC machining process experience preferred
- Knowledge of process validations, process mapping and Lean/6 Sigma tools preferred
- GD&T and process excellence experience preferred
DePuySynthes Products Inc (6149)Job Function