Arconic Fastening Systems & Rings (AFSR) is seeking a Materials Specialist II. This position is located at the AFSR aerospace manufacturing facility in Torrance, CA.
Arconic Fastening Systems & Rings (AFSR) serves the global aerospace, automotive, and commercial transportation markets with the most specialized engineering, highest quality, and the greatest breadth and depth of fastening system solutions and seamless rolled rings in our industry. Headquartered in Torrance, CA; AFSR employs 7,900 people in 13 countries at 39 locations. AFSR is a business unit of Arconic (NYSE:ARNC).Key Responsibilities:
- Receiving UPS, FedEx, LTL.
- Performs cycle count activities to ensure inventory accuracy (S-71106).
- Receives, counts and locates parts in correct bin location.
- Creates transactions to updates MRP system and moves stock throughout the facility.
- Operates forklift periodically to move inventory.
- Solid interpersonal and communication skills.
- Employee will occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds.
- Ability to read and interpret blue prints, work instructions, policies and procedures.
- Ability to read and understand technical product specifications.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Proficient computer skills
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED).
- 2 Years of Materials Experience.
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
- This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) which requires U.S. person status. ITAR defines U.S. person as an U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refuge
- Experience in the aerospace industry
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and Excel
- Experience with Lean Manufacturing techniques such as Daily Management, Kaizen teams and workshops, One-Piece-Flow, Standardized Work, etc.
- Experience applying 5S to the work area/department; sort, simplify, shine, standardize, and sustain.
- Experience performing autonomous maintenance