Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects. I. Job Summary
The Material Handler - Mercury Waste is responsible to carry out all tasks as assigned by the Shift Lead or Operations Manager in an efficient and timely manner. The Material Handler supports the Shift Lead in completing the tasks required in order to service customers, to maintain compliance with State and Federal Regulations and to follow company policies and procedures. II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
- Prepare and empty loads according to company protocols or instructed procedures
- Load and Unload ovens according to established company protocols or instructed procedures
- Process Fluorescent Light Bulbs per operating protocols
- Perform daily maintenance of equipment and facilities per established polices and procedures
- Complete daily housekeeping responsibilities for the entire facility
- Report all spills and releases to Shift Lead or Operations Manager immediately following incident
- Report all accidents and health and safety related incidents to the Shift Lead or Operations Manager
- Wear all required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) per operational protocols
- Perform related tasks as instructed by the Shift Lead
- Maintain safety in all activities
- Follow all company rules and regulations
- This job has no supervisory duties.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
- Education: High school diploma or G.E.D. (accredited).
- Experience: One year of relevant work experience in a similar role in hazardous waste operations (in addition to education requirement).
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
- New Employee Training to Include:
- HAZWOPER (24 Hour)
- DOT & M2Z (Driver Only)
- RCRA / HAZWOPER Training (Required to be eligible):
- Resource Conservation & Recovery Act (RCRA)
- Clean Air Act (CAA)
- Clean Water Act (CWA)
- Toxic Substance Control Act (TSCA)
- Superfund Amendment & Reauthorization Act (SARA)
- Comprehensive Environmental Response, Compensation, and Liability Act (CERCLA)
- National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES)
- Occupational Safety & Health Act (OSHA)
- Hazardous Waste Transportation Act (HWTA)
- Code of Federal Regulation (CFR 40, 29, & 49)
- Contingency Plan
- Spill Prevention Control & Countermeasure Plan (SPCC)
- Security Plan
- Standard Division Practices (per department) (SDP's)
- Refresher Training As Required By Law
- Medical Exam
- Pre Employment Physical and Drug Test
- Complete Physical Biennially
- Pulmonary Function Test (PFT), Audiogram and Respirator Fit Test annual
- Physical at Termination
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
V. Work Environment
- Required Attire:
- Respirators - Full face piece with mercury cartridges
- Full face supplied air in some arrears
- Suit - Appropriate Barrier Suite: Liquid - yellow Tyvek with sleeves, apron, booties Solid - yellow tyvek.
- Gloves - appropriate to hazards present - PVC over Nitrile or Butyl (Liquid Waste) Leather Work (Solid Waste), Leather/Cloth work (when handling equipment or containers)
- Safety glasses: Required in areas where full face piece respirator is not required
- Hard Hats: Yes
- Shoes Steel Toe: Metatarsal
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Normal setting for this job is: in processing areas. Benefits
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click "Apply."
Waste Management, Inc. is North America's leading provider of integrated environmental solutions.