IBM Global Business Services (GBS) is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants enabling enterprises to make smarter decisions and providing unparalleled client and consumer experiences in cognitive, data analytics, cloud technology and mobile app development. With global reach, outcome-focused methodologies and deep industry expertise, IBM GBS empowers clients to digitally reinvent their business and get the competitive edge in the cognitive era in over 170 countries.
Bottom line? We outthink ordinary. Discover what you can do at IBM.
IBM Global Business Services (GBS) is hiring an Infrastructure Engineer with subject matter expertise in IBM Maximo to join our consulting team - a tremendous opportunity to work with some of the world's most essential companies across a variety of industries.
- Interact with clients to provide hardware sizing, installations, upgrades, performance tuning / health checks as well as pre-sales support, post go-live production maintenance and solution process improvement
- Assist in detailed discussions and answer questions regarding hardware, software, operating systems, software compatibility and network / database architecture during pre-sales process
- Work closely with client's IT department or hosting provider to audit current system and provide documented recommendations for performance tuning and system administration practices
- Interact with project team to ensure accurate and comprehensive understanding of specific client hosting and performance requirements
- Exchange information with others (i.e. product development) on the performance needs of IBM clients and develop an understanding of how future product releases will address those needs
- Ensure timely issue escalation and resolution as well as adherence to deadlines
Learn more about our Consulting work: ibm.com/services/us/business-consulting/digital-operations-internetofthings/BENEFITS
Health Insurance. Paid time off. Corporate Holidays. Sick leave. Family planning. Financial Guidance. Competitive 401K. Training and Learning. We continue to expand our benefits and programs, offering some of the best support, guidance and coverage for a diverse employee population.CAREER GROWTH
Our goal is to be essential to the world, which starts with our people. Company wide we kicked off an internal strategy program called Go Organic. At our core, we are committed to believing and investing in our workforce through:
In 2015, Go Organic filled approximately 50% of our open positions with internal talent that were promoted into the role.
- Skill development: helping our employees grow their foundational skills
- Finding the dream job at IBM: navigating our company with the potential for many careers by channeling an employee's strengths and career aspirations
- Diversity of people: Diversity of thought driving collective innovation
With an employee population of 375,000 in over 170 countries, amazingly we connect, collaborate, and care. IBMers drive a corporate culture of shared responsibility. We love grand challenges and everyday improvements for our company and for the world. We care about each other, our clients, and the communities we live, work, and play in!
A little about us:
IBM is the world’s largest information technology company with more than 360,000 employees serving clients in 170 countries.