IBM Global Business Services (GBS) is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants enabling enterprises to make smarter decisions and providing unparalleled client and consumer experiences in cognitive, data analytics, cloud technology and mobile app development. With global reach, outcome-focused methodologies and deep industry expertise, IBM GBS empowers clients to digitally reinvent their business and get the competitive edge in the cognitive era in over 170 countries.
Bottom line? We outthink ordinary. Discover what you can do at IBM.
IBM Global Business Services (GBS) is hiring a Solution Architect with subject matter expertise in Maximo to join our consulting team - a tremendous opportunity to work with some of the world's most essential companies across a variety of industries. This position is viewed as a project leader, trusted advisor and credible Maximo expert to our clients.
- Collaborate with sales and delivery teams from initial sales discovery through design and implementation of the Maximo solution
- Translate business and technical requirements into a project and architectural blueprint that achieves the desired business outcomes, including identifying solutions
- Assist in the creation of the delivery roadmap, estimates and project timelines
- Help define scope of the project via a broader solution and visioning conversations
- Lead projects in a highly collaborative model with IBMers and clients
- Inspire and mentor our consultants, with a focus on building expertise our clients value, external brand eminence and accelerating career advancement of strong performers
- Use consulting skills, business knowledge and package solution expertise to effectively implement package technology in a client business environment in order to achieve client expected business results
- Lead working sessions to understand client business requirements
- Work closely with client stakeholders to define and document client specific business needs and requirements
- Develop and deliver project deliverables such as roadmap, process diagrams, use cases, gap analysis and functional design documents
Learn more about our Consulting work at ibm.biz/Digital-Operations_IOT_ConsultingBENEFITS
- Provide subject matter expertise regarding key business decisions related to industry and/or functional area
Health Insurance. Paid time off. Corporate Holidays. Sick leave. Family Planning. Financial Guidance. Competitive 401K. Training and Learning. We continue to expand our benefits and programs, offering some of the best support and guidance and coverage for a diverse employee population. CAREER GROWTH
Our goal is to be essential to the world, which starts with our people. Company wide we kicked off an internal strategy program called Go Organic.
At our core, we are committed to believing and investing in our workforce through:
In 2015, Go Organic filled approximately 50% of our open positions with internal talent that were promoted into the role.CORPORATE CITIZENSHIPWith an employee population of 375,000 in over 170 countries,
- Skill development: helping our employees grow their foundational skills and promoting internally
- Finding the dream job at IBM: navigating our company with the potential for many careers by channeling an employee's strength and career aspirations
- Diversity of people: Diversity of thought driving collective innovation
amazingly we connect, collaborate, and care. IBMers drive a corporate culture of shared responsibility. We love grand challenges and everyday improvements for our company and for the world. We care about each other, our clients and the communities we live, work, and play in!
A little about us:
IBM is the world’s largest information technology company with more than 360,000 employees serving clients in 170 countries.