Job Location: Coral Gables FL
MAXIS Global Benefits Network, co-founded by MetLife & AXA in 1998, is one of the leading international employee benefits networks providing global service capabilities and delivering world-class employee benefits perspectives and solutions. Our goal as MAXIS is to be recognized as the leading global employee benefits network by putting clients and their employees’ needs first.
The Member Management Manager will be responsible for managing the relationship with network member insurers in the Americas Region (Canada, U.S., Caribbean, and Latin America) on a day-to-day basis, and insuring and monitoring that the operations and businesses happen within the scope of contractual agreements.
The Member Management Manger will act as a thought leader on regional best practices and support the network’s member insurers to address their needs in partnership with other network areas.
- Under the direction of MAXIS GBN Director of Member Management, the Member Management Manger will manage on the network’s relationship with its insurers in the Americas region on a day-to-day basis
- Be physically in-market on a regular basis and organize visits to meet with the network’s member insurers in the region according to a pre-planned schedule based on market size and business objectives
- Work in close partnership and cooperation with departments across MAXIS GBN such as Distribution, Technical, Legal, Marketing, and Communications Teams and keep abreast of ongoing developments related to markets in the region
- Discuss and/or escalate network member insurers’ issues related to on-going sales and commercial matters, pricing, reporting, reinsurance, new product development, marketing events, and regulatory changes with other MAXIS GBN departments and seek proper resolution
- Select and engage in discussions with potential new network insurers to expand the MAXIS GBN presence in the region as needed
- Support the network’s member insurers on matters in which the international expertise, experience, and specific skill-set are not available in their local markets
- Identify areas of improvement and training needs within the region’s network member insurers and help to organize or provide trainings as appropriate
- Report to Network Senior Management on matters, issues, or potential for ongoing regulatory change that can or is affecting the way MAXIS GBN is operating in the region. Suggest appropriate resolution and monitor that the situation is returned to a satisfactory outcome as planned and agreed
(5 -7 bullets)
- 8+ years of relevant business experience in insurance, healthcare, financial services operations, with a track record in one or multiple markets of the region. Preferably with global employee benefits & healthcare experience
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely in English and Spanish in a business-to-business and executive environments (French & Portuguese are a plus). Be able to adapt communication approach to different markets by taking local cultures and matrix reporting structures into consideration
- Exceptional project management skills, with flexibility to multi-task and work in evolving and complex environment. Ability to work, plan for the long-term, and operate autonomously on a day-to-day basis
- Proven track record of business development, contract negotiation, and building collaborative partnerships and alliances while holding stakeholders accountable
- Must have clear understanding of business operations, KPI development, business research, and financial acumen
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software (e.g. Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Bachelor or Master Degree, MBA preferred
In order to post for this position, you need the proper work authorization to work in the country where the position is located and not require relocation assistance.
Up to 35%
At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.”
A little about us:
MetLife offers life insurance, disability income insurance, car insurance, employee benefits and more.