MBA Commodity Manager Job Description
As a member of the Global Supply Management team, you will be a full business partner vested in making the GSM Vision and Mission a reality. Through business partnering and innovation, you will help drive sound business analysis and decisions while maintaining Intel's high standards of professionalism and integrity. We have positions available in Portland, Oregon, and Phoenix, Arizona.
Depending on the position, your responsibilities could span many functions within Intel's Supply Chain including:
- Coordinates purchasing activities with manufacturing and engineering departments to acquire inventory in a cost effective and timely manner.
- Acquires and maintains technical understanding of products purchased.
- Performs cost analysis and volume planning for major commodities.
- Obtains materials, components, equipment and services.
- Develops new supply sources where vendors and suppliers are inadequate.
- Monitors the cost, schedule and scope of assigned subcontracts to assure best quality at best value.
- May recommend cost saving proposals including make versus buy analysis, alternative sourcing and vendor evaluation criteria.
- At higher levels may require domestic or global expertise of assigned commodities.
The ideal candidate should exhibit the following behavioral traits:
- Problem solving skills.
- Analytical skills.
- Ability to work in a dynamic, results and team oriented environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to influence, strategic thinking and leadership skills.
- Ability to understand and streamline business strategies, stake holder and supplier management.
This is an entry level position and will be compensated accordingly.
This US based position does not experience a shortage of qualified U.S. Workers. Intel limits its sponsorship of individuals possessing temporary work authorization or requiring a visa to those positions for which we experience a shortage of qualified and available U.S. Workers. A U.S. Worker is someone who is either a US Citizen, U.S. National, U.S. Lawful Permanent Resident, or a person granted Refugee or Asylum status by the U.S. Government.Qualifications
• Must have a MS Degree Program in Supply Chain Management, Business, technical or related field, or expect the required degree by December of 2018.
• Must have a legal or permanent right to work in the US without requiring sponsorship.
• 3 years of experience in supply chain management or engineering. Specifically procurement, supplier selection/management, contract negotiations, logistics/distribution, materials management, factory operations.
• Experienced in managing the overall strategy of the supplier account from initial selection, through product development, into high volume manufacturing HVM, and long-term sustaining support.
• -Experience in SAP* enterprise or similar systems for order management and procurement-Skilled in planning and closing contract negotiations to achieve immediate and long-term affordability requirements.
• Direct Supply Chain experience, &/or technical degrees and experience are a plus
• Lean Six Sigma is highly desired.Inside this Business Group
As the world's largest chip manufacturer, Intel strives to make every facet of semiconductor manufacturing state-of-the-art -- from semiconductor process development and manufacturing, through yield improvement to packaging, final test and optimization, and world class Supply Chain and facilities support. Employees in the Technology and Manufacturing Group are part of a worldwide network of design, development, manufacturing, and assembly/test facilities, all focused on utilizing the power of Moore's Law to bring smart, connected devices to every person on EarthOther Locations
Oregon, Hillsboro; Posting Statement.
Intel prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.
Our vision is simple and direct. If it computes, it does it best with Intel. We embrace all aspects of computing.