Greetings, students! We're geared up here to offer another round of epic internship experiences in summer 2017. The internship program offers the opportunity to pause your studies for one summer and work side-by-side with Blizzard Entertainment employees in your area of interest, doing real work that oftentimes ends up in production. As such, we hold you to the same high standards as anybody else in the company.
Just like our gameplay experiences, Blizzard internships are a fully immersive experience. We want interns who are enthusiastic about what they want to do for a living and excited to come in every day to learn and contribute in this hyper-creative atmosphere. Being fully engaged with our team also means communicating effectively and maintaining an open mind - one that is receptive to feedback and able to adapt and grow. Your hobbies and interests can also play in your favor. Passion for technology, gaming, game development, and an in-depth knowledge of Blizzard games, products, and services will always be a plus with us, regardless of the position you're applying for. Be passionate about who you are, be into our industry, and be willing to go all-in and embrace this opportunity to the fullest!Quest Objectives
Blizzard marketing is looking for motivated students to join their team this summer! This internship will provide the opportunity to work within the growing global publishing teams who manage all six Blizzard titles and come from a variety of backgrounds in the gaming industry. Potential tasks would include assisting with the creation of marketing plans, providing regular reports on key performance metrics and trends, as well as executing on marketing initiatives. Candidate must have strong communication skills, as they will be a liaison between brand and other teams within the organization.
This position will be within the marketing services team, specifically brand. However, the intern will be interacting with multiple groups, including community, PR, creative, and game development teams. Intern Guild Requirements
- Currently enrolled in a college or university
- Returning for at least one more semester or quarter following the Summer 2017 internship
- Able to work fulltime hours for 11 - 12 weeks at the Blizzard office indicated in this job posting between May 22, 2017 - August 11, 2017 or June 12, 2017 - September 1, 2017 (group dates depend on when you get out of school)
- Authorized to work in the US
- Pursuing an MBA or other Master's-level business degree
- Strong organization and project management skills. Able to manage multiple projects and priorities across different products and disciplines
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite
- Passion for video games
- Familiar with gaming space. Bonus points if you play Blizzard games.
- Able to develop plans and outlines to support publishing go to market process
- Experience with business intelligence tools, analyzing and interpreting data, and presenting conclusions
- Agile to work in fast paced environment, with the ability to pivot based on assignments
- Comfortable and confident to take assignments with little oversight and drive successful results
WARNING! Applications that do not include all of the required materials will not be considered. We're serious about this - due to the volume of applications we receive, we only have time to consider complete submittals.
- Cover Letter
- Should include why you're interested in interning at Blizzard and what your experience is with Blizzard games
A little about us:
Blizzard Entertainment is a premier developer/publisher of entertainment software, including World of Warcraft, StarCraft, Diablo, and Hearthstone.