Greetings, students! We're geared up here to offer another round of epic internship experiences in summer 2017. The internship program offers the opportunity to pause your studies for one summer and work side-by-side with Blizzard Entertainment employees in your area of interest, doing real work that oftentimes ends up in production. As such, we hold you to the same high standards as anybody else in the company.
Just like our gameplay experiences, Blizzard internships are a fully immersive experience. We want interns who are enthusiastic about what they want to do for a living and excited to come in every day to learn and contribute in this hyper-creative atmosphere. Being fully engaged with our team also means communicating effectively and maintaining an open mind - one that is receptive to feedback and able to adapt and grow. Your hobbies and interests can also play in your favor. Passion for technology, gaming, game development, and an in-depth knowledge of Blizzard games, products, and services will always be a plus with us, regardless of the position you're applying for. Be passionate about who you are, be into our industry, and be willing to go all-in and embrace this opportunity to the fullest!Quest Objectives
Blizzard's business intelligence team is seeking an MBA business and gameplay insights intern to join the team for summer 2017. The intern will inform critical business decisions through in-depth analysis of gameplay, business, and operational data, help create and define performance benchmarks, develop ROI models to measure financial impact of key initiatives, and monitor the competitive landscape to identify external factors affecting business trends. The ideal candidate is ready to make an immediate, meaningful impact with data.
MBA internships are intended for graduate-level business students who are passionate about the gaming industry and ready to contribute in their given field. In most cases, projects will be determined based on the strengths of the selected candidate.Intern Guild Requirements
- Currently enrolled in a college or university, or planning to enroll in Fall 2017
- Returning for at least one more semester or quarter following the Summer 2017 internship
- Able to work full-time hours for 11 - 12 weeks at the Blizzard office indicated in this job posting between May 22, 2017 - August 11, 2017 or June 12, 2017 - September 1, 2017 (group dates depend on when you get out of school)
- Authorized to work in the US
- Pursuing an MBA or other Master's-level business degree
- A thirst to drink from the fire hose of data and the desire to make sense of it
- Able to effectively meld business sense with a player-centric mindset
- A passion for gaming and in-depth knowledge of Blizzard games, products, and services
- Expertise with Excel pivot tables
- Comfort with the practical application of statistical models and processes
- Self-motivated, well-organized, and a strong communicator
Quest Items WARNING! Applications that do not include all of the required materials will not be considered. We're serious about this - due to the volume of applications we receive, we only have time to consider complete submittals.
- Majoring in a related field (business intelligence, analytics, etc.)
- Experience with SQL and Python, or other programming languages
- Experience with enterprise data visualization software (i.e. Tableau)
- Experience working in gaming, digital, or entertainment industries
- Experience working in scientific research fields
- Serious player of Blizzard games (e.g. a max-level World of Warcraft character, a Diablo 3 character farming a high Torment, has finished a 12-win Hearthstone arena run, etc.)
A little about us:
Blizzard Entertainment is a premier developer/publisher of entertainment software, including World of Warcraft, StarCraft, Diablo, and Hearthstone.