Summer 2018MBA INTERN, BUSINESS OPERATIONS, ESPORTS
Greetings, students! We're geared up here to offer another round of epic internship experiences in summer 2018. The internship program offers the opportunity to pause your studies for one summer and work side-by-side with Blizzard Entertainment employees in your area of interest, doing real work that oftentimes ends up in production. As such, we hold you to the same high standards as anybody else in the company.
Just like our gameplay experiences, Blizzard internships are a fully immersive experience. We want interns who are enthusiastic about what they want to do for a living and excited to come in every day to learn and contribute in this hyper-creative atmosphere. Being fully engaged with our team also means communicating effectively and maintaining an open mind - one that is receptive to feedback and able to adapt and grow. Your hobbies and interests can also play in your favor. Passion for technology, gaming, game development, and an in-depth knowledge of Blizzard games, products, and services will always be a plus with us, regardless of the position you're applying for. Be passionate about who you are, be into our industry, and be willing to go all-in and embrace this opportunity to the fullest!QUEST OBJECTIVES
Blizzard's Esports team is seeking an MBA Business Operations intern to join the team for summer 2018. The intern will inform critical business decisions by driving research and applying analysis to achieve insights on strategic business initiatives, develop frameworks for tackling complex strategic challenges, develop ROI models to measure financial impact of key initiatives, and work with stakeholders across the esports team to develop and champion new initiatives. The ideal candidate is ready to make an immediate, meaningful impact in helping grow the exciting esports business.
MBA internships are intended for graduate-level business students who are passionate about the gaming industry and ready to contribute in their given field. In most cases, projects will be determined based on business needs and the strengths of the selected candidate.INTERN GUILD REQUIREMENTS
- Currently enrolled in a top MBA program
- Returning for at least one more semester or quarter following the Summer 2018 internship
- Able to work fulltime hours for 11 - 12 weeks at the Blizzard office indicated in this job posting between May, 2018 - August, 2018 or June, 2018 - September, 2018 (group dates depend on when you get out of school)
- Authorized to work in the US
- Pursuing an MBA degree
- Able to effectively meld business sense with a player-centric mindset
- Analytical background and skillset, must be comfortable with numbers
- Passion for technology, gaming, and game development
- Experience working constructively within a team
- Self-motivated, well-organized, and a strong communicator
- Focus in marketing, research, finance, strategy, or business management
- Experience in a leadership capacity
- Experience in advanced data analytics using tools like R, Python, etc.
- Experience in one or more of the following fields: broadcast production, broadcast content distribution, web and mobile technology, strategic partnerships, sports business
- Extensive knowledge of the video game industry (key players, growth trends and drivers, industry structure, etc.)
WARNING! Applications that do not include all of the required materials will not be considered. We're serious about this - due to the volume of applications we receive, we only have time to consider complete submittals.
- Cover Letter
- What are the biggest challenges and opportunities in esports?
A little about us:
Blizzard Entertainment is a premier developer/publisher of entertainment software, including World of Warcraft, StarCraft, Diablo, and Hearthstone.