Greetings, students! We're geared up to offer another round of epic internship experiences in summer 2017. The internship program offers the opportunity to pause your studies for one summer and work side-by-side with Blizzard Entertainment employees in your area of interest, doing real work that oftentimes ends up in production. As such, we hold you to the same high standards as anybody else in the company.
Just like our gameplay experiences, Blizzard internships are a fully immersive experience. We want interns who are enthusiastic about what they want to do for a living and excited to come in every day to learn and contribute in this hyper-creative atmosphere. Being fully engaged with our team also means communicating effectively and maintaining an open mind - one that is receptive to feedback and able to adapt and grow. Your hobbies and interests can also play in your favor. Passion for technology, gaming, game development, and an in-depth knowledge of Blizzard games, products, and services will always be a plus with us, regardless of the position you're applying for. Be passionate about who you are, be into our industry, and be willing to go all-in and embrace this opportunity to the fullest!Quest Objectives
Blizzard's StarCraft II / Heroes of the Storm team is looking for an undergraduate-level business operations and e-commerce intern to join the team for summer 2017. This is the perfect opportunity for an intern to gain hands-on experience with a game development team and understand how these teams make business decisions in a hyper-creative environment where gameplay comes first.
The ideal candidate will be extremely analytical with a strong passion for game development. Projects will focus on helping enhance the business and e-commerce related activities for both StarCraft II and Heroes of the Storm franchises. Duties will include conducting extensive research, developing business models, analyzing current and planned features, as well as, preparing and presenting to both game development and regional leadership.Intern Guild Requirements
- Currently enrolled in a college or university, or planning to enroll in Fall 2017
- Returning for at least one more semester or quarter following the Summer 2017 internship
- Able to work fulltime hours for 11 - 12 weeks at the Blizzard office indicated in this job posting between May 22, 2017 - August 11, 2017 or June 12, 2017 - September 1, 2017 (group dates depend on when you get out of school)
- Authorized to work in the US
- Pursuing an MBA or other Master's-level business degree
- Analytical background and skillset, must be comfortable with numbers
- Passion for technology, gaming, and game development
- Experience working constructively within a team
Quest Items WARNING! Applications that do not include all of the required materials will not be considered. We're serious about this - due to the volume of applications we receive, we only have time to consider complete submittals.
- Focus in marketing, research, finance, strategy, or business management
- Extensive knowledge of the video game industry (key players, growth trends and drivers, industry structure, etc.)
A little about us:
Blizzard Entertainment is a premier developer/publisher of entertainment software, including World of Warcraft, StarCraft, Diablo, and Hearthstone.