Greetings, students! We're geared up here to offer another round of epic internship experiences in summer 2018. The internship program offers the opportunity to pause your studies for one summer and work side-by-side with Blizzard Entertainment employees in your area of interest, doing real work that oftentimes ends up in production. As such, we hold you to the same high standards as anybody else in the company.
Just like our gameplay experiences, Blizzard internships are a fully immersive experience. We want interns who are enthusiastic about what they want to do for a living and excited to come in every day to learn and contribute in this hyper-creative atmosphere. Being fully engaged with our team also means communicating effectively and maintaining an open mind - one that is receptive to feedback and able to adapt and grow. Your hobbies and interests can also play in your favor. Passion for technology, gaming, game development, and an in-depth knowledge of Blizzard games, products, and services will always be a plus with us, regardless of the position you're applying for. Be passionate about who you are, be into our industry, and be willing to go all-in and embrace this opportunity to the fullest!Quest Objectives
- Perform statistical and data analyses using analytical tools and data querying languages such as SQL, Python, and R to help optimize performance media campaigns and automate processes.
- Assist in development and evaluation of campaign-specific KPIs to inform ongoing campaign optimization and forecast campaign quality
- Perform ad hoc data analyses in response to business needs.
- Translate business needs into functional and technical reporting requirements.
- Assist in the development and documentation of reporting and analytics processes, policies, roles, and responsibilities.
- Ensure all reporting and analytics documentation is kept up to date.
- Currently enrolled in a college or university, or planning to enroll in Fall 2017
- Returning for at least one more semester or quarter following the Summer 2018 internship
- Able to work fulltime hours for 11 - 12 weeks at the Blizzard office indicated in this job posting between May 2018 - August 2018 or June 2018 - September 2018 (group dates depend on when you get out of school)
- Authorized to work in the US
- Currently pursuing a degree in quantitative field (math, statistics, machine learning, computer science, etc.) and planning to return to school following the internship
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with multiple levels of management
- Excellent organizational skills, and detail-oriented approach to problem solving
Quest Items WARNING! Applications that do not include all of the required materials will not be considered. We're serious about this - due to the volume of applications we receive, we only have time to consider complete submittals.
- Proficient programming skills and statistical oriented language skills
- Knowledge of or experience with relational databases and distributed computing
- Experience with data visualization tools such as Tableau a plus
- Familiar with SQL and either Python or R
- Passion for Blizzard games and the gaming industry in general
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We've worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences...ever. Join us!
A little about us:
Blizzard Entertainment is a premier developer/publisher of entertainment software, including World of Warcraft, StarCraft, Diablo, and Hearthstone.