Position Summary: CVS Health offers a comprehensive internship program designed to engage students, impart valuable skills, and offer insight into a potential career path with a Fortune 12 company. Highlights include a structured program plan, hands on project work, access to mentorship and networking opportunities, and learning and development sessions. During the 10 week engagement interns will be in a supportive learning environment contributing both independently and on a team against key department initiatives. Competitive compensation is offered including a stipend for eligible candidates.
Principle Duties and
• Contributes directly to sales and margin goals in assigned category.
• Analyzes profit and loss information for the category, develops sales and
margin projections,and assists Category Manager in P&L reconciliation.
• Analyzes relevant data and incorporates findings and recommendations into
Category Plans (i.e., optimal SKU mix; Extracare loyalty program; promotional
programs) for merchandising programs from 1 to 3 years that reflect deep
personal knowledge of our businesses, customers and clients.
• Drives tactical execution of day-to-day plan activities (e.g., builds
off-shelf plans, tracks promotional period and performs post appraisal to take
corrective action if necessary).
• Collaborates with an internal team of CVS professionals in Inventory,
Pricing, Promotion, Finance, Store Brands, Store Design and Store Operations.
• Analyzes sales records and inventory levels of current stock; seeks new,
alternative foreign and domestic suppliers.
• Develops and maintains a strong understanding of current competition;
searches out new competitive opportunities and makes recommendations.
• Keeps abreast of changes in the market. Researches customer product
preferences, supplier prices and the competitive environment.
• Willingness to travel 5-10%.
CVS Core Competencies
• Thinks and Acts Strategically. Anticipates business opportunities and
• Drives Speed and Innovation. Challenges self and the organization to seek and
promote leading edge solutions, create new opportunities, and be the
• Manages and Develops Self. Seeks opportunities, guidance and feedback to
develop own knowledge, skills and capability.
• Contributes to High-Performing Teams. Works together in a committed way to
achieve a common mission.
• Impacts and Influences Others. Skillfully persuades others to support
important initiatives, gain alignment with our strategy and goals, and act in
the best interests of the company.
Required Qualifications: *Availability to work full time for duration of the 10 week program.
• 1+ years experience
in a retail organization or in an analytical, merchandising, or buying position
• Bachelor’s Degree
Preferred Qualifications: • Strong working knowledge
of retail math concepts and demonstrated application
• Proven ability to implement strategies and use negotiation tactics to grow
• Technical experience in MS Office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint; some Access or
other database knowledge Education:*Candidates must be enrolled in a two year MBA program Business Overview:
CVS Health, through our unmatched breadth of service offerings, is transforming the delivery of health care services in the U.S. We are an innovative, fast-growing company guided by values that focus on teamwork, integrity and respect for our colleagues and customers. What are we looking for in our colleagues? We seek fresh ideas, new perspectives, a diversity of experiences, and a dedication to service that will help us better meet the needs of the many people and businesses that rely on us each day. As the nation’s largest pharmacy health care provider, we offer a wide range of exciting and fulfilling career opportunities across our three business units – MinuteClinic, pharmacy benefit management (PBM) and retail pharmacy. Our energetic and service-oriented colleagues work hard every day to make a positive difference in the lives of our customers.
CVS Health is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or employment against any individual on the basis of race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, religion, sex/gender (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, physical or mental disability, medical condition, age, veteran status, military status, marital status, genetic information, citizenship status, unemployment status, political affiliation, or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. CVS Health will consider qualified job candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with federal, state and local laws. CVS Health will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against any Colleague or applicant for employment because such Colleague or applicant has inquired about, discussed, or disclosed the compensation of the Colleague or applicant or another Colleague or applicant. Furthermore, we comply with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO is the Law Poster: EEO IS THE LAW
and EEO IS THE LAW SUPPLEMENT
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require assistance to apply for this job, please contact us by clicking AA EEO CVS Health
For inquiries related to the application process or technical issues please contact the Kenexa Helpdesk at 1-855-338-5609. For technical issues with the Virtual Job Tryout assessment, contact the Shaker Help Desk at 1-877-987-5352. Please note that we only accept resumes via our corporate website: https://jobs.cvshealth.com/