Greetings, students! We're geared up here to offer another round of epic internship experiences in summer 2018. The internship program offers the opportunity to pause your studies for one summer and work side-by-side with Blizzard Entertainment employees in your area of interest, doing real work that oftentimes ends up in production. As such, we hold you to the same high standards as anybody else in the company.
Just like our gameplay experiences, Blizzard internships are a fully immersive experience. We want interns who are enthusiastic about what they want to do for a living and excited to come in every day to learn and contribute in this hyper-creative atmosphere. Being fully engaged with our team also means communicating effectively and maintaining an open mind - one that is receptive to feedback and able to adapt and grow. Your hobbies and interests can also play in your favor. Passion for technology, gaming, game development, and an in-depth knowledge of Blizzard games, products, and services will always be a plus with us, regardless of the position you're applying for. Be passionate about who you are, be into our industry, and be willing to go all-in and embrace this opportunity to the fullest!QUEST OBJECTIVES
Our team is currently looking for a talented Associate Media Strategist Project Manager to help foster the vast array of campaigns the NA Media team executes on.
This role will assist with launching, operating, and evolving Blizzard's campaigns. This position will also be responsible for the assistance with campaign management. The ideal candidate must be capable of communicating with a variety of stakeholders, love the act of planning and process, and enjoy working inside a flexible team-oriented environment. The candidate must be versed in project management styles and processes. The candidate must also be utterly devoted to delivering quality products on time. Self-direction and follow-up skills are critical, as well as the ability to anticipate production issues and find effective solutions.ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
- Currently enrolled in a college or university, or planning to enroll in Fall 2017
- Returning for at least one more semester or quarter following the Summer 2018 internship
- Able to work fulltime hours for 11 - 12 weeks at the Blizzard office indicated in this job posting between May 2018 - August 2018 or June 2018 - September 2018 (group dates depend on when you get out of school)
- Authorized to work in the US
- Assist media strategists in planning functions such as brainstorming, brief development, plan and strategy review with the media agency/internal teams
- Manage due dates (media and creative), maintain calendar of all campaigns and where they are in the lifecycle
- Work collaboratively to build media briefs and evaluate media recommendations
- Review tactical components of media campaigns, such as flow charts, spreadsheets, and budget summaries
- Handle ad-hoc day-to-day requests
- Use qualitative and quantitative research to develop insights, identify shifts in consumer behavior, and keep the team updated on the changing digital media landscape
- Willingness and openness to learn new tools and platforms
QUEST ITEMSWARNING! Applications that do not include all of the required materials will not be considered. We're serious about this - due to the volume of applications we receive, we only have time to consider complete submittals.
- Strong organizational skills
- A can-do attitude/ self-starter
- Talkative/ extrovert type personality
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Knowledge of Photo Shop
A little about us:
Blizzard Entertainment is a premier developer/publisher of entertainment software, including World of Warcraft, StarCraft, Diablo, and Hearthstone.