Job Description CVS Health offers a comprehensive internship program designed to engage students, impart valuable skills, and offer insight into a potential career path with a Fortune 7 company. Highlights include a structured program plan, hands on project work, access to mentorship and networking opportunities, and learning and development sessions. During the 10 week engagement interns will be in a supportive learning environment contributing both independently and on a team against key department initiatives. Competitive compensation is offered including a stipend for eligible candidates.
The Strategic Product Development Group within CVS/pharmacy develops enterprise-wide strategic service offerings and new business opportunities that enhance the lives of millions of consumers. These offerings leverage various assets across the organization including the Retail Pharmacy, Caremark (pharmacy benefits management), MinuteClinic and the Specialty medication business. The Strategic Product Development Group defines, develops, and delivers new patient care programs that result in significant improvement in patient adherence to their medication, improved health outcomes, reduced hospital re-admissions and reduced cost to healthcare payers. The team addresses some of the greatest emerging opportunities created through healthcare reform in collaboration with the nation’s leading integrated delivery networks and healthcare payers.
The summer internship provides Interns with a unique opportunity to contribute in the development of enterprise-wide strategic service offerings and new business opportunities. Interns will have an opportunity to assess, define, and help develop a program that further supports patient care coordination between the retail pharmacy and other constituents in the healthcare ecosystem (e.g. payers, providers). In addition, Interns will participate in the development and implementation of a clinical patient care solution that will be delivered by the retail pharmacy team (pharmacy staff).
The position offers opportunities to learn about solution definition, testing, and implementation of new products and services needed to support the future growth of the company:
− Lead the assessment and planning for a new strategic service that incorporates the company’s assets and delivery methods. Ultimately Interns will complete a well-developed assessment of a business opportunity with specific recommendations that will enable the leadership team to make critical go/no go decisions.
− Scope, plan, and perform quantitative analyses that will yield critical answers to the questions at hand. Understand and procure the required information to complete the analyses. Manage the delivery of timely, zero-defect analyses
− Support Retail Pharmacy leadership team to develop a strategic perspective on existing and new retail pharmacy opportunities (e.g. high-potential products and services) including sizing and assessing markets, identifying risks/benefits of opportunities and recommending clinical growth strategies
- Availability to work full time for duration of the 10 week program.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience required; ideally including stints at a strategic consulting firm or a health care company in a product/business development function.
- Structured & Logical Thinking: The ability to identify and define business problems and issues, and develop strategic, analytical, and financial frameworks to conduct analysis and/or measure success.
- Analytical Rigor: Proven capability conducting and managing quantitative portfolio and growth analysis
- Strong Interest in Health Care: A demonstrated interest in the health care industry and an ongoing desire to make one of the world’s strongest health care companies even stronger
- Powerful Communication Skills: The ability to communicate effectively and succinctly with a diverse range of constituents, both verbally and on paper, and with all levels of an organization.
- Team Leadership: A highly developed ability to manage, develop, and mentor more junior team members to successfully evaluate complex business opportunities
- Initiative: Ability to think creatively and be a self-starter with limited guidance and coaching and to proactively develop and present potential solutions
- Influence: The ability to foster effective working relations with and persuade diverse business leaders based on fact and reason with an emphasis on achieving tangible results
- Candidates must be enrolled in a two year MBA program with final year beginning in the Fall of 2018
CVS Health, through our unmatched breadth of service offerings, is transforming the delivery of health care services in the U.S. We are an innovative, fast-growing company guided by values that focus on teamwork, integrity and respect for our colleagues and customers. What are we looking for in our colleagues? We seek fresh ideas, new perspectives, a diversity of experiences, and a dedication to service that will help us better meet the needs of the many people and businesses that rely on us each day. As the nation’s largest pharmacy health care provider, we offer a wide range of exciting and fulfilling career opportunities across our three business units – MinuteClinic, pharmacy benefit management (PBM) and retail pharmacy. Our energetic and service-oriented colleagues work hard every day to make a positive difference in the lives of our customers.
CVS Health is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or employment against any individual on the basis of race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, religion, sex/gender (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, physical or mental disability, medical condition, age, veteran status, military status, marital status, genetic information, citizenship status, unemployment status, political affiliation, or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. CVS Health will consider qualified job candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with federal, state and local laws. CVS Health will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against any Colleague or applicant for employment because such Colleague or applicant has inquired about, discussed, or disclosed the compensation of the Colleague or applicant or another Colleague or applicant. Furthermore, we comply with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO is the Law Poster: EEO IS THE LAW
and EEO IS THE LAW SUPPLEMENT
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require assistance to apply for this job, please contact us by clicking EEO AA CVS Health
CVS Health does not require nor expect that applicants disclose their compensation history during the application, interview, and hiring process.
For inquiries related to the application process or technical issues please contact the Kenexa Helpdesk at 1-855-338-5609. For technical issues with the Virtual Job Tryout assessment, contact the Shaker Help Desk at 1-877-987-5352. Please note that we only accept resumes via our corporate website: https://jobs.cvshealth.com/