Reporting to the Installation Service Manager, the HDE Measure Service Tech will perform the primary functions of job site pre-installation measures and post installation services. For Measures, post product sale measuring will occur following the RTP job status and prior to product ordering. The Measure Service Tech will conduct measures on windows, siding and roofing. Services will be performed based on customer and installer reports of post installation follow up and service needs. In performance of duties the Measure Service Tech will uphold THD Values through all interactions with customers, associates, and contractors.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
- 30%-Measure each sold window opening using industry standard methods to ensure product ordered meets required installation specs and to ensure install is performed timely without reorders. Measure vinyl and HardiePlank siding for rectangular, triangular, soffit, dormers, and gable areas to ensure product ordered is sufficient
- 15%-Measure Roofing on occasion when EagleView measurements are not available or adequate to fully estimate product / material needs.
- 15%-Conduct services on post window installation items such as hardware installation, sealing, locks, screens, sash, and limited replacement as needed based on customer service calls or installer notes.
- 10%-Conduct timely services for non-window products as needed based on installer notes or customer service orders including but limited to screen installation, seal repair, siding job punch lists, roofing job punch lists, and door installation punch lists.
- 10%-Conducts work with exceptional customer service skills considering the customer experience, the homeowner’s property, communication during time of service, and support of branch operations.
- 20%-Collaborates with installers, Installation Service Managers, and the Operations Center to ensure communication of daily activities. Manages a shifting load of measures and services depending on the demands. Maintains safety standards at all times . Maintains a high level of awareness of respect to customer and customer property.
NATURE AND SCOPE
Position reports to Installation Service Manager
This position has no direct reports.
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
Typically in a comfortable environment but with regular exposure to factors such as temperature extremes, moving machinery, loud noise, and fumes which cause noticeable discomfort or a moderate risk of accident or illness.
Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
- Must be eighteen years of age or older.
- Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
- Must be able to pass pre-employment requirements
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a high school diplomas and/or GED.
Years of Relevant Work Experience: 3 years
Must continuously stand or walk or regularly requires lifting/handling/carrying material or equipment of moderate weight (8-20 pounds).
* Construction trade skills and knowledge
-Experience with residential window installation
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
* General construction knowledge / experience
* Window installation skills
* Ability to use basic math skills to complete site job measures
* Ability to read, write, and communicate effectively with internal and external customers.
* Periodically completes skill and knowledge training to ensure industry standards are maintained at the highest level to conduct role in an efficient and competent manner.
* Measuring / basic math skills
* Installation trade knowledge with residential exterior products
* Verbal communication skills
A little about us:
We recognize that military members are adept, motivated and hardworking. That’s why we made a commitment in 2012 to hire 55,000 veterans in 5 years!