Company: Buckhead Beef New Jersey
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 2
Travel Percentage: 0
- Assist the operations by cutting and processing custom orders and standard inventory items.
- Accurately cut to trim and yield specifications as specified by information provided by cut tickets.
- Provide communication to supervisor of any discrepancies between cutting tickets and normal customer purchases.
- Pull raw materials and pre-cut inventory according to code dates and report any short shelf-life items to the supervisor.
- Properly label all products and equipment to conform to all legal and safety regulations.
- Properly and accurately record all necessary data to produce assigned cutting yield tests.
- Accurately count product inventory levels and maintain levels set forth by supervisor.
- Safely operate a meat cutting band saw.
- Ensure that all product specifications are being met according to guidelines.
- Maintain work areas in compliance with U.S.D.A. guidelines.
- Assemble and tear down any equipment in work area at the beginning and/or end of your shift.
- Properly clean, store and maintain all knives, scales, etc. assigned to you.
- Manage profitability by achieving product yields and meeting deadlines for product readiness.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
- Hours need to be flexible and subject to company needs
- 2+ years’ experience in meat cutting with a band saw.
- Must have the ability to perform mathematical calculations and conversions to determine amounts and sizes of products needed for orders.
- Must have the ability to read, write and communicate in the English language.
- Ability to adjust to sudden changes in customer demands or operational goals.
- Commitment to work until job is completed.
- Interacts well with others. Good team player.
- Customer-service oriented
- Detail oriented.
- Work overtime when needed
- Physical strength to lift and maneuver 50-60 pounds. Standing, stooping and climbing are regular activities for this employee. Employee must have the ability to negotiate throughout the production and warehouse areas unassisted without disrupting regular production and warehousing activities. Normal levels of eyesight and hearing after correction. Color vision is required. The ability to touch, feel, manipulate fingers and limbs to operate various processing and material handling equipment is necessary. The ability to smell is required, in order to detect levels of wholesomeness and spoilage.
- This position requires the candidate to be in refrigerated processing and warehouse areas. These areas are cold and wet and exposure to moving machinery and sharp surfaces are a regular occurrence. This is a high noise area.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the U.S. on a full-time basis without future employment sponsorship.
Buckhead Beef New Jersey is proud to be an EEO/AA employer - M/F/D/V.
This opportunity is available through Buckhead Beef New Jersey. This is not a Corporate position.
All hiring decisions will be made at the sole discretion of Buckhead Beef New Jersey.
Employment Type: Full Time
A little about us: