Company: Buckhead Beef New Jersey
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 0-1
Position Type: Non-Exempt
Travel Percentage: 0
The meat cutter is responsible for the cutting and processing of custom orders and standard inventory items.
Employees receive a copy of Buckhead Beef’s organizational reporting structure at time of hire. It is also posted in the break rooms.
Each employee is responsible for the food safety and quality of our products.
- Accurately cut to trim and yield specifications as specified by information provided by streamline.
- Inspect meat products for defects, bruises or blemishes and remove them along with any excess fat.
- Obtain and distribute specified meat.
- Separate meats and byproducts into specified containers and seal containers.
- Use knives and skinners, or other equipment to perform meat cutting and trimming. Properly clean, store and maintain all knives, scales, etc. assigned.
- Accurately cut to trim and yield specifications as specified by information provided by cut tickets.
- Provide communication to supervisor of any discrepancies between cutting tickets and normal customer purchases.
- Pull raw materials and pre-cut inventory according to code dates and report any short shelf-life items to the supervisor.
- Properly label all products and equipment to conform to all legal and safety regulations.
- Properly and accurately record all necessary data to produce assigned cutting yield tests.
- Ensure that all product specifications are being met according to guidelines.
- Maintain work areas in compliance with U.S.D.A. guidelines.
- Assemble and tear down any equipment in your work are at the beginning and/or end of your shift.
- Achieve product yields and meet deadlines for product readiness.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- To know and understand the company’s safety and health goals and the objectives. Assist the company in achieving these goals by participating in the safety program.
- To help develop and follow all safe work practices.
- To give a written report of unsafe conditions or unsafe acts to management.
- To report all accidents, injuries or illnesses to my supervisor immediately.
- Ability to read, write and communicate in the English language.
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations and conversions to determine amounts and sizes of products needed for orders.
- Ability to adjust to sudden changes in customer demands or operational goals.
- Commitment to work until job is completed.
- Interacts well with others. Good team player.
- Customer-service oriented
- Detail oriented.
Physical strength to lift and maneuver 50-60 pounds. Standing, stooping and climbing are regular activities for this employee. Employee must have the ability to negotiate throughout the production and warehouse areas unassisted without disrupting regular production and warehousing activities. Normal levels of eyesight and hearing after correction. Color vision is required. The ability to touch, feel, manipulate fingers and limbs to operate various processing and material handling equipment is necessary. The ability to smell is required, in order to detect levels of wholesomeness and spoilage.
This position requires the candidate to be in refrigerated processing and warehouse areas. These areas are cold and wet and exposure to moving machinery and sharp surfaces are a regular occurrence. This is a high noise area.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the U.S. on a full-time basis without future employment sponsorship.
Buckhead Beef New Jersey s proud to be an EEO/AA employer - M/F/D/V.
This opportunity is available through Buckhead Beef New Jersey. This is not a Corporate position.
All hiring decisions will be made at the sole discretion of Buckhead Beef New Jersey.
A little about us: