Company: Buckhead Meat Denver
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 4
Position Type: Exempt
Travel Percentage: 0
Meat Managers are responsible for leadership of the department managers, supervisors and/or leaders within the processing facility including Cut, Prep and Packaging. There are many areas in which the Meat Manager must stay involved to ensure a good understanding of the department’s needs such as Systems, Staffing and Equipment. Other areas of responsibility are Food safety, Employee safety and customer complaints and Ensuring High quality cuts at the highest possible yield along with maximizing pounds per man hour.
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• College Degree Preferred.
• Four (4) years of Meat Processing background.
• Five (5) years in a leadership role.
• SQF certification or experience preferred
• HACCP certification or experience preferred
• Strong ability to communicate and have great interpersonal skills.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality of pertinent company data or files.
• Ability to manage a production department.
• Ability to manage people.
• Ability to work independently.
• Ability to perform work assignments at an acceptable productivity level.
• Bilingual preferred - English/Spanish.
• Must be proficient in basic computer functions (i.e. Outlook, check email on daily basis. and use calendar).
• Basic knowledge of Microsoft tools preferred (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc).
• Warehouse, Coolers, cold environment.
• Moving of product up to 25 lbs. to 50 lbs. during the shift
• Bending and stooping during the shift.
• Prolonged standing or walking during the shift.
• Must be able to work in a cold, wet environment (approximately 34 degrees) for long periods of time.
This position is directly responsible for food safety and quality. The functions performed in this position are an integral part of our Food Safety and Quality programs. It is essential that those duties are performed according to all of our programs and policies at all times.
Note: The above job description is not intended to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities required by the employee and are not to be construed as an expressed or implied contract of employment or a promise of employment for any specified time between an employee and Buckhead Meat of Denver.
As indicated above this job description is not an employment contract. The company reserves the right to change the job description and the job duties at any time with and/or without notice.
I certify that I understand the job description, I possess the above qualifications, and that I can perform each of the above functions with or without an accommodation.
For questions regarding the status of your application, please contact Patricia Birchfield at 303-298-0997
or by email at email@example.com
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the U.S. on a full-time basis without future employment sponsorship.
Buckhead Meat Denver is proud to be an EEO/AA employer - M/F/D/V.
This opportunity is available through Buckhead Meat Denver. This is not a Corporate position.
All hiring decisions will be made at the sole discretion of Buckhead Meat Denver.
Employment Type: Full Time
Not ready to apply? Join our Talent Network.