Budget Truck Rental has GREAT Career Opportunities for individuals with a maintenance background who are looking to "Make the Better Move" with their careers. If you are a person who enjoys challenges and working in a fast pace environment this position might be for you. Position: Technician I (Entry-Level Mechanic) Job Summary:
Perform preventative maintenance and complete minor repairs on gasoline and diesel light and medium duty trucks and cargo vans. Changes oil, replace filters, checks and replaces belts and hoses, replaces windshield wipers and headlights. Completes minor repairs as directed with little or no assistance. Maintains towing equipment and performs related repairs under the direct supervision of the shop manager or senior-level technicians. Organizes lot and maintains daily fleet inventory. Essential duties and responsibilities will vary accordingly based on assignment and location. Responsibilities and essential job functions include, but are not limited to:
Required Education & Experience:
- Complete repair orders for maintenance work performed. Check completed repair order for accuracy. Time stamp forms to documented time worked on repairs and maintenance.
- Completes necessary paperwork as required and adapts to varying task according to changing volume and business needs.
- Ability to interpret and understand basic documented standards and procedures including work orders and maintenance repair manuals. This includes adherence to recognized safety requirements and industry labor time standards.
- Follows direction by management and higher level technicians.
Necessary Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- High school diploma or equivalent. Tech school graduate is a plus.
- Prior 1 year maintenance experience is preferred, but not required. Must demonstrate a strong desire to learn the mechanical trade and be willing to take the required ASE certification exams and Budget Truck Rental training courses.
- 1 ASE cert is a plus or must obtain 1 ASE within one year as a condition of employment.
- Valid Driver's License along with a good driving record is required and all candidates must be able to pass a background check and a drug test.
- Must posses basic hand tools required for preventative maintenance and minor repairs.
- Ability to work with and around hazardous materials.
- Individual accountability and strong attention to detail to consistently meet and exceed work quality standards.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills to effectively interact with co-workers, internal and external customers.
- Ability to perform day-to-day physical tasks involving moderately demanding work including: standing, kneeling, crawling, turning, and pushing or lifting moderately heavy objects.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule.
Avis Budget is an EO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled
The information listed in this advertisement describes the general nature and level of this position only. Essential functions and responsibilities may change as business needs require. Your response to this ad may result in your being considered for employment with an affiliated company of Avis Budget Group, the publicly traded parent company of Avis Budget Car Rental, LLC and its subsidiaries.
This advertisement does not constitute a promise or guarantee of employment.
***If you have any questions about the position or on our hiring process feel free to reach out Jason Rodriguez Email: email@example.com or by phone at 312-517-8196
A little about us: