MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN 1ST CLASSMaintenance Technician 1st ClassSUMMARY
Constructs, installs, maintains and repairs any plant mechanical, structural, hydraulic or pneumatic equipment according to accepted codes and safety standards. Position makes necessary decisions, according to skill level, in carrying out all job functions to the fullest extent when working without direct supervision. Position will be able to demonstrate skills in power transmission, air systems, piping, hydraulics, pumps, troubleshooting components welding, alignment procedures, rigging and millwright work, PLC, motor controls, electrical symbols and theory in the above skill levels.SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Multi-craft industrial maintenance skills including:
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Mechanical Repairs; bearings, power transmission, pumps, gearboxes, welding, fabricating, machine tool technology, etc.
- Electrical Repairs; electrical motors, 480 volt 3 phase systems, 24 volt control systems, VFD, PLC, encoders, power supplies
- Computer literate to perform work order related tasks in CMMS
- Overall record: Safety, performance, attendance, etc. will be considered
- Write and speak English
- Able to work second or third shift as scheduled
- Ability to attend mandatory training classes on own time to stay current with equipment changes and as determined by the Maintenance Development Program.
- Provide support to the Maintenance Leader, Planner/Scheduler and shift leaders on jobs to be performed.
- Performs PM's as they are scheduled.
- Reports all equipment concerns to their leaders.
- Performs all equipment repairs and projects in a safe and efficient manner using all safety procedures.
- Answer line calls in a prompt manner and carry required tools to complete work safety and efficiently.
- Assist during process upsets as needed.
- Wear all safety equipment necessary for the job and follow all plant safety rules and regulations, including the machinery lockout procedure.
- Follow the scheduled jobs unless given approval to deviate from the schedule.
- Clean up immediately after a job is completed and maintain a quality house-cleaning program.
- Attend schools, seminars, etc. to enhance skills in the various crafts including mechanical, electrical, PLC, machining and welding.
- Keep the parts and tool rooms organized and cleaned.
- Work with other employees in a team like manner.
- Notify your supervisor immediately of any accident, near miss accident or on-the-job injury when it occurs no matter how insignificant it may seem.
- Operate equipment only when you are trained in its use or are working with or under the direction of a qualified employee, and you are authorized to do so by your supervisor.
COMPUTER AND SOFTWARE COMPENTENCIES
- Wear proper personal protective equipment (PPE) at all times.
The employee must be able to:
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Log into and navigate online systems to access PeopleSoft for paycheck/benefits enrollment information
- Log into and navigate Owens Corning University (OCU) and accomplish required online training routinely
- Basic computer skills
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook
The employee should have the following:
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
- High School Diploma or GED equivalency
- Two (2) years experience in the mechanical field is preferred in an industrial or manufacturing environment
The employee should possess the ability to:
- Ability to routinely lift up to 50 lbs without assistance
- Ability to routinely lift up to 80 lbs with assistance
- Work for up to 12 hours in extreme hold/cold manufacturing environment
- Walk/stand on concrete floors continuously for up to 12 hours
- Routinely ascend and descend stairs and ladders as work area requires
- Safeguard self with Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) - steel toed shoes, ear plugs, eye protection (glasses, goggles, and/or facemask) as necessary for task
- Push/Drive floor sweeping and cleaning equipment or tools as necessary for housekeeping duties
- Ability to rotate and work shift work
- Exposure to noise
- Ability to work from heights
- Ability to work overtime as necessary