DePuy Synthes is a Johnson & Johnson company that is one of the leaders in the medical device industry. Our implants and instruments are used by orthopaedic surgeons to treat patients with conditions resulting from traumatic injuries, degenerative diseases, deformities, and sports related injuries. Our environment is entrepreneurial, learning-driven, and is as challenging as it is rewarding.
DePuy Synthes Companies of Johnson & Johnson is the largest, most innovative and comprehensive orthopaedic and neurological business in the world. DePuy Synthes Companies will offer an unparalleled breadth and depth of products, services and programs in the areas of joint reconstruction, trauma, spine, sports medicine, neurological, craniomaxillofacial, power tools and biomaterials. Building on the legacy and strengths of two great companies, we are creating one organization that will be agile and better equipped in today's evolving health care environment. With a focus on activating insights to develop innovative, comprehensive solutions, we are inspired to advance patient care in greater ways than either company could accomplish on its own.
The Mechanic I, Production Maintenance 2 Shift will be responsible for performing maintenance and repairs on manufacturing equipment and supporting all aspects of Codman’s production maintenance activities.
- This includes, but is not limited to preventative maintenance, corrective maintenance, emergency repairs, equipment enhancements, new equipment installations and lean initiatives. Setup and change over production equipment.
- Maintain and Repair Automated Pattie Machines, Hybrid Pattie Machines, Multivac Form Fill Sealing Equipment, Atlas Vac Sealing Equipment, Bell Mark/Video Jet Printers, Rando non-woven material process equipment and Slitting Equipment.
- Prioritize work orders and emergency repairs based on equipment criticality and operational needs.
- Document all maintenance related activities in ecmms-Maximo. Support Operations and Engineering in meeting production goals and ensure product quality and equipment output is maintained.
- In addition this individual will be responsible for compliance with all company safety, health, environmental and quality policies, procedures and regulations.
- A minimum of a High School diploma, G.E.D. or equivalent required.
- Technical Vocational training in machining operations and/or electrical/electronics preferred.
- A minimum of 2 year of related equipment maintenance experience and/or training is required.
- A licensed electrician is preferred.
- Must be able to work in an ISO Class 8 Clean Room environment requiring gowning.
- Clean room experience is a plus
- Basic Computer skills (Microsoft Windows, Internet Explorer) required.
- Strong mechanical and electrical troubleshooting skills required.
- The ability to read and interpret complex assembly drawings, electrical and pneumatic schematics required.
- Must be able to supply own hand tools/rollaway toolbox (i.e. screw drivers, socket wrenches, etc.).
- Must have strong communication and interpersonal skills and be able to support cross functional teams including Quality, Operations & Engineering.
- Experience with automation including highly complex mechanical assemblies, pneumatics, PLC and motion controllers a plus.
- The ability to lift heavy loads, stand and/or walk more than 90% of the time and perform twisting and turning activities and in a manufacturing/machine ship environment is required
- Must be able to work 2nd shift (3:30PM-12:00AM Monday-Friday) and work overtime as required to support manufacturing operations (12:00AM-2:00AM Monday-Friday, 11:00AM-5:00PM Saturday)
This position is located in Raynham, MA and is on 2 Shift and requires additional overtime, including Weekends and Holidays.
BE VITAL in your career, Be seen for the talent you bring to your work. Explore opportunities within the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies.Primary Location
DePuySynthes Products Inc (6149)Job Function