DePuy Synthes is a Johnson & Johnson company that is one of the leaders in the medical device industry. Our implants and instruments are used by orthopaedic surgeons to treat patients with conditions resulting from traumatic injuries, degenerative diseases, deformities, and sports related injuries. Our environment is entrepreneurial, learning-driven, and is as challenging as it is rewarding.
DePuy Synthes Companies of Johnson & Johnson is the largest, most innovative and comprehensive orthopaedic and neurological business in the world. DePuy Synthes Companies will offer an unparalleled breadth and depth of products, services and programs in the areas of joint reconstruction, trauma, spine, sports medicine, neurological, craniomaxillofacial, power tools and biomaterials. Building on the legacy and strengths of two great companies, we are creating one organization that will be agile and better equipped in today's evolving health care environment. With a focus on activating insights to develop innovative, comprehensive solutions, we are inspired to advance patient care in greater ways than either company could accomplish on its own.
The Mechanic I, Production Maintenance will be responsible for maintenance and repairs on manufacturing equipment and supporting all aspects of DePuy Synthes Perforator production maintenance activities.
- This includes, but is not limited to: preventative maintenance, emergency repairs, equipment enhancements, new equipment installations and lean initiatives.
- Support manufacturing related utilities; compressed air system, dust collection systems and distilled water system.
- Maintain and repair CNC Mills, Swiss Lathes, Grinders, and Robotics with moderate direction.
- Troubleshoot mechanical, electrical/electronic, hydraulic and pneumatic equipment components.
- Prioritize work orders and emergency repairs based on equipment criticality and operational needs.
- Document all maintenance related activities in ecmms-Maximo. Support Operations and Engineering in meeting production goals and ensure product quality and equipment output is maintained.
- In addition this individual will be responsible for compliance with all company safety, health, environmental and quality policies, procedures and regulations.
- A minimum of a High School diploma, G.E.D. or equivalent required.
- Technical Vocational training in machining operations and/or electrical/electronics preferred.
- A minimum of 2 years of related equipment maintenance experience and/or training is required.
- Experience maintaining CNC Mills, Lathes, Grinders preferred.
- Experience maintaining mechanical, electrical/electronic, hydraulic and pneumatic equipment components required.
- Welding, Brazing, Silver Solder, Oxygen/Acetylene experience a plus.
- Basic computer skills required.
- Must be a certified Forklift and Power Pallet Jack Operator or be willing to become certified.
- Must be able to supply own hand tools/rollaway toolbox (i.e. screw drivers, socket wrenches, etc.).
- Must be able to lift heavy loads, stand and/or walk more than 90% of the time and perform twisting and turning activities in a manufacturing/machine ship environment.
- Must have a valid driver's license.
- Must be able to work 3 shift 10:00 PM-6:30 AM Sunday-Thursday (and work overtime as required to support manufacturing operations)
- Participation in on-call rotation is also required.
This position is located in Raynham, MA and is on 3 Shift hours of 10:00 PM-6:30 AM and may require additional overtime, including Weekends and Holidays.
BE VITAL in your career, Be seen for the talent you bring to your work. Explore opportunities within the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies.Primary Location
DePuySynthes Products Inc (6149)Job Function