The Maintenance Mechanic I is an experienced mechanic capable of safely and independently repairing most of the equipment in the RDC. The focus of the maintenance team is to keep equipment in the RDC fully operational when needed. The Mechanic I is able to prioritize tasks, plan their work, determine the type of repair needed, obtain or order the appropriate spare parts, and execute the repair. This person is capable of mentoring a Maintenance Utility, but also seeks assistance from a Mechanic II or the Maintenance Coach when needed. A successful performer can be promoted to Mechanic II.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
* Maintain appropriate certification as required by state and local regulations.
* Determine safety precautions and requirements for task.
* Prepare worksite; perform lock-out/tag-out.
* Gather tools and spare parts for task.
* Use tools safely; check condition of tools prior to using; use appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE)
* Evaluate condition of equipment; determine spare parts needed and repair effort required; recognize potential for breakdown in the near future and take pre-emptive action.
* Plan work and execute task.
* Mentor Maintenance Utility; use assistance if appropriate.
* Seek assistance from a more experienced mechanic if needed.
* Leave worksite in good condition.
* Turn in unused spare parts.
* Document condition of equipment as found, work performed, spare parts used, and any other applicable information.
* Enter data into 71 system (computerized maintenance management system); close out work orders and Preventative Maintenance (PM) requests.
* Inform next shift of remaining work.
* Provide status of incomplete tasks bridging the two shifts.
* Demonstrate positive and effective communication with maintenance customers.
* Attend and participate in training as scheduled; learn about the systems and repair methods in the following areas, and become proficient in these areas:
- Conveyor systems, controls and subsystems
- Industrial Electrical Systems
- Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning (HVAC)
- Fire Suppression Systems
- Welding and Fabrication
- Plumbing and Carpentry
- Forklift and Material Handling Systems
- Preventative Maintenance Technologies
* Perform additional tasks as assigned by Maintenance Coach.
* Provide additional training to Maintenance Utility as needed.
* Assist with changing batteries in equipment.
Lowe's is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.
A little about us:
Lowe’s isn’t just a home improvement company; we’re committed to creating a culture that’s inspiring.