Location: Fishkill, New York
Posted: January 07, 2017
Reference ID: 1497561023
Assembler - Manufacturing
Adecco is assisting a local client recruiting for a current Mechanical Assembler job in Fishkill, NY. This is a long-term temporary to hire opportunity. As a Mechanical Assembler, you will construct mechanical equipment according to assembly drawings and instructions. Assemblers will be responsible for accurate measurements and cutting or sizing of raw materials for product assembly and will also be responsible for maintenance and organization of tools and equipment as well as maintaining their work environment. Ideal candidate must be willing to learn and adapt, have good work ethics and be able to communicate well with co-workers and team members. Adhere to safety regulations and operate safely in a shop environment. If you meet the qualifications listed below please Apply Now!
• Assemble parts or units according to CAD drawings and position, align and fasten units to assemblies, subassemblies or frames using hand tools and power tools.
• Cutting and sizing of raw materials for product assembly
• Inspect, test and adjust completed units to ensure that units meet specifications, tolerances and customer order requirements.
• Position, align and adjust parts for proper fit and assembly.
• Connect cables, tubes and wiring, according to specifications.
• Attach name plates and mark identifying information on parts.
• Read CAD drawings and specifications to determine component parts and assembly sequences of electromechanical units.
• Disassemble units to replace parts or to crate them for shipping.
• Drill, tap, ream, countersink and spot-face bolt holes in parts using drill presses and portable power drills.
• Measure parts to determine tolerances, using precision measuring instruments
• Other duties as assigned
1. Aluminum Up-cut Saw: Aluminum Profile cutting
2. Shear/Bender: Bending Aluminum cladding
3. Bench Grinder: Grinding Metal for smooth surface
4. Drill Press: Drilling holes in metal
5. Tig Welder: Welding metal parts
6. Chop Saw: Cutting wood
7. Plasma cutter: cuts metal
1. Measuring Tape
2. Screw Drivers
3. Power/Electric Drill
4. Hand Saws
5. Wrenches, Adjustable
• Experience working with CAD drawings and instructions. Oral Comprehension skills consisting of the ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
• Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition and grammar.
• Problem Sensitivity - The ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong. It does not involve solving the problem, only recognizing there is a problem.
• Oral Expression - The ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand.
• Basic math skills consisting of addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
• Ability to read measuring tape in both metric and SAE.
• Ability to work with others or independently.
• Good mechanical skills, hand tool and assembly knowledge.
• Knowledge of mechanical parts such as wheels, shafts, bearings and chains is a plus.
• Some experience with machines such as brakes, shears and saws is a plus.
• Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair and maintenance is a plus.
• Ability to lift 50 LBS minimum.
• Ability to read blueprints.
• Must be able to be flexible in his or her duties.
• Finger Dexterity - The ability to make precisely coordinated movements of the fingers of one or both hands to grasp, manipulate or assemble very small objects.
• Manual Dexterity - The ability to quickly move your hand, your hand together with your arm, and your two hands to grasp, manipulate, or assemble objects.
• Arm-Hand Steadiness - The ability to keep your hand and arm steady while moving your arm or while holding your arm and hand in one position.
• Information Ordering - The ability to arrange things or actions in a certain order or pattern according to a specific rule or set of rules (e.g., patterns of numbers, letters, words, pictures, mathematical operations).
• Near Vision - The ability to see details at close range (within a few feet of the observer).
• Deductive Reasoning - The ability to apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense.
• Control Precision - The ability to quickly and repeatedly adjust the controls of a machine or a vehicle to exact positions.
Adecco provides one of the most comprehensive benefits package in the industry to contract workers. Benefits are available to you as a contractor after one week of employment.
Click on Apply Now to be considered for this Mechanical Assembly job in Fishkill, NY or any related opportunities with Adecco.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled