Power Power Generation Services
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE Power is a world leader in power generation with deep domain expertise that helps customers deliver electricity from a wide spectrum of fuel sources. We are transforming the electricity industry with the digital power plant, the world's largest & most efficient gas turbine, full balance of plant solutions and our data-leveraging software. Our innovative technologies and digital offerings help make power and water more affordable, reliable, accessible and sustainable.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Posted Position Title
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United States
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces
Disassembles, assembles machines, equipment, and their subassemblies following blueprints and other written and verbal instructions.
* Plans assembly procedures, following specifications
* Removes small quantities of metal to clean parts or to produce close fit between parts
* Drills, taps, or reams holes
* Aligns components, and bolts, screws or rivets them together
* Aligns and meshes gears in gearbox to assemble system of gears
* Installs moving parts, such as shafts, levers, or bearings, and works them to test free movement
* Bends and installs pipe for hydraulic system of gears
* Test or assists in testing operation of completed product
* High school or technical school; or three to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
* Ability to calculate figures. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry
* Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form
* Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.